Firebus DTV Recorder released!

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
This was posted over at the HTPC News forums by docvenzon and I thought it deserves to get posted here:
Hallelujia! So it wasn't "vaporware" after all.

For those of you interested in recording HDTV programs via firewire, check out this software
DTV Recorder

From the frontpage:
Now you can record and playback DTV movies* (HD and SD) using the PC you already own. No need for expensive specialized recording equipment.

If you own a DTV with an integrated tuner and IEEE 1394 interface, you can use your Windows XP based PC or laptop as an inexpensive and flexible solution for the storage and playback of HD and SD digital movies*.

Pretty cool if you need it, it's on sale for $99 too (regular is $199) so get it while you can! :D

This looks promising, but it's to early for me to go and drop 100 bucks on at this point. I have a HDTV Set Top Box with Firewire (waititng for cable company to update the firmware first though) and being able to control it all through my HTPC would just rock. Not to mention a better method of recording my shows, and using a program guide via the HTPC. I'll be watching HTPCNews and AVSFOrums to see what other folks are getting out of this though.

Back