Finding my WINXP Cd-Key

Goatmansons

Limp Gawd
I installed windows XP about 5-6 months ago, Since then I have misplaced my cd-key. I have the CD but no CD-Key. I know how to find the Cd-Key in windows 98 but I tried the same thing in WINXP and can only find the product Key. I would Like to reformat but Need the key to reactiviate. If someone knows how to find out the Cd-key using somekinda command it would really help. Thnx

Thank you Very much, It worked perfectly. I am sorry I didnt search on google but I didnt know what to look for. That and I have been comming here for my questions for a long time.

Thanks for posting this link to that website added that to my collection of tools to use.

A CD-key seems like something that's hard to misplace. Seeing how important it is and everything.

Originally posted by Zwitterion
A CD-key seems like something that's hard to misplace. Seeing how important it is and everything.
lol. that key is probably one of the widest posted keys in the world (corporate keys that is) - other than maybe nero
of course, these keys should only be used on legally purchases software which you need to re-install because you aren't organized whatsoever. any other reasons and may god shoot you down. oh wait i'm forgetting something... :rolleyes:

i try not to frown on people asking how to find their keys. After a recent move i had stuff scattered between storage, gargage & basement. When i went to install NWN again, i didnt have my manuals (where key is). Luckily Bioware lets you storeyour keys on their server under your profile. If it wasnt for this, my NWN games would be useless.
Now people asking for keys is a different story...

Originally posted by K1llaB
i try not to frown on people asking how to find their keys. After a recent move i had stuff scattered between storage, gargage & basement. When i went to install NWN again, i didnt have my manuals (where key is). Luckily Bioware lets you storeyour keys on their server under your profile. If it wasnt for this, my NWN games would be useless.
Now people asking for keys is a different story...

I dunno, I wouldn't see how using any CD-key would be wrong if you ALREADY bought the game, just lost your own. Maybe i'm wrong.

Back