Fedora C2 upgrade problem

foreignkid

Gawd
Have fresh Fedora Core 1 install. When I try to boot off the Fedora Core 2 cd, it freeze at the line "Linux Plug and Play Support v0.97 (c) Adam Belay", with a cursor flashing below it. Keyboard does not do anything, mouse does not do anything, case power and reset buttons have no effect. This happens almost immediately after select the booting options, even when booting with the "linux noprobe" option. I've downloaded the CD1 disk image 3 times, burned it 3 times, same result each time. I've tried turning PNP OS on and off in bios with no effect. Any ideas?

Specs:
700mhz athlon
Shuttle AI61 mobo
WD 30gig hdd
160MB ram
LiteOn 16x dvd

EDIT: used "linux acpi=off" and it booted.. waiting on installer now. "linux pci=noacpi" didnt work.
EDIT2: disabled acpi in bios, that worked...

it's super that you found it quick... my only other suggestion would have been to check the md5 sum to be sure. the one time i didn't check it, cost me a couple hours wondering where i messed up.

also, i have heard of a few, rare instances of installing on an overclocked machine creating problems.

Machine isn't overclocked or anything....I think that i got OK downloads because I downloaded from a couple of different places, and once i got them running mediacheck went through ok.

Back