Fan speed always on full?

Archonius

Weaksauce
I have an SB61G2v3. In BIOS I set the fan speed to "smart fan" which if I understand correctly, will adjust the speed of FAN1 according to the CPU temp. So when my comp boots up it does go at the very quiet, low speed, even if it sits in BIOS for a while. However, upon booting into windows and the desktop, the fan goes to max speed and stays there forever. Temps arent high at all (low 30s) and when I put it under heavy load (goes up to 50) and back down to 30s again, the fan still blows full speed.

Help! :eek:

Archonius said:
I have an SB61G2v3. In BIOS I set the fan speed to "smart fan" which if I understand correctly, will adjust the speed of FAN1 according to the CPU temp. So when my comp boots up it does go at the very quiet, low speed, even if it sits in BIOS for a while. However, upon booting into windows and the desktop, the fan goes to max speed and stays there forever. Temps arent high at all (low 30s) and when I put it under heavy load (goes up to 50) and back down to 30s again, the fan still blows full speed.

Help! :eek:
I'm not much help, but can you control the temps at which it changes speeds?

Back