Fallout New Vegas - Discount?

leodaso

n00b
Hello all,

I would like to buy a copy of Fallout New Vegas, and hopefully attach it to my Steam client. I don't feel comfortable shelling out $49.99 for a game that has been out for almost a year. Doing some searches for deals on the interwebs came across topzonekeyonline.com. They are from Thailand and have the game for $17.99. They will email you a scanned photo of the disk and legit cdkey, and guarantee it will work in your Steam client. Seems too good to be true, but reviews are positive.

Anybody have an opinion on them? Used them?

Or any other sources for Fallout NV on the cheap? I really don't need the disk, I can't remember the last time I purchased a hard copy of any game.

Thanks.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong area.

New Vegas is a Steamworks game, regardless of where or how you buy, it can be and has to be activated and used through Steam.

New Vegas had a $15 sale price during the Steam summer sale. It had a $10 sale price at D2D a few weeks before that. It also had a $10 sale at Best Buy in the US around the start of the Steam sale.

International keys will work until Valve catches on (at which point they'll revoke them, citing the Steam TOS). If you want the mods, wait for the GOTY edition to come out, otherwise just wait for a(nother) sale.

I got mine and it's pretty good. But I didn't know that you needed to hook up with Steam (online-free) to play it. I didn't like that but it's all good. I'm enjoying playing it.
The only way you'll get a cheaper price is by waiting a year or so for it not to be so new.

i would personally suggest not buying new vegas.... it was a disappointment.

I dunno I thought it was pretty good! Still playing it.
It has it's faults but FO 3 crashed all the time on my PC I mean all the time I'd rarely go 5 mins and boom crash. NV seems to be running loads better and not had a CTD yet.

I like the game overall it's pretty good it might not be "awesome" but solid enough and fun

Back