expansion?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
Is anybody else here putting SERIOUS thought into expansion right now? the reference 290's commonly $300 and less paired with how much cooler I'm running with X11 and how much less power I'm consuming I actually have the ability to expand.

Other than expansion I'm putting serious thought into buying up things like these reference 290's just for the density upgrades

I didn't expand, but I didn't sell off any rigs or video cards either.

I may be an idiot, but after last night I am. Just bought 10 gridseeds at $40 each. I know they will be useless in 2 weeks, but whatever. They will make a little LTC over their lifetime. Also bought 6 more 750 ti to use in a BTC MB I had bought when it came in stock (back when they were hard to find). I have enough AMD stuff I think. Looking for things I can run without the heat

I never stopped expanding...profits always go back into new cards.

I had hit a ceiling for my mining room as far as power goes but now that thats been halved... I was putting plans in place to put a mining room at my inlaws but I didn't want to bother unless I had X amount set aside to get it up and running at a level worthy of the time it would take to setup. I'm just not completely sure which route I'm going with expansion. I'm either going with AC unit or possibly just forcing more outside air in.

Yeah, with the BTC prices lately, I've been sitting on all my coins for the past month or so. I have a nice stockpile now, of course the prices of cards has gone way down too, so I may just end up spending some this week. I have 3 spots to fill before I have to build another rig, so I'll probably just fill them and wait a bit.

I think what I'm going to do is sell off most of my AMD cards in favor of 750 ti's so if anybody is big in the OTHER algo's I have a bunch of cards in a FS thread and will be adding more as I go through my rigs to take pictures

I swore off expansion for a while because I have to put some money into a few home projects (yard/garage/etc)

I have 5 rigs at the moment sucking down about 3500W - might be going to X11 if we have a hot summer here in Texas.

Some magic would have to happen in the crypto world for me to spend any more money. My next move if I wanted to really consolidate the rigs all over my house is run a 220V line to my guest bedroom. (which is empty, might be turned into my full time man cave room)

I really wish there is a solid X11 coin out there I could jump on with some confidence.

I think what I'm going to do is sell off most of my AMD cards in favor of 750 ti's so if anybody is big in the OTHER algo's I have a bunch of cards in a FS thread and will be adding more as I go through my rigs to take pictures

I noticed your sig -- I've only done some light experimentation with betarigs -- but can't you point all 3 of your rigs under the same ID as a single rentable farm?

I'd hate to have to manage rental prices on 5 machines when I could just do one (the combined hash power is the same)

You would get less flexibility that way. What if some one doesn't want that much hash or what if you want to use one of your rigs for something else? It would also allow you to stagger your prices a little bit.

I noticed your sig -- I've only done some light experimentation with betarigs -- but can't you point all 3 of your rigs under the same ID as a single rentable farm?

I'd hate to have to manage rental prices on 5 machines when I could just do one (the combined hash power is the same)

Correct, you can do that.

You would get less flexibility that way. What if some one doesn't want that much hash or what if you want to use one of your rigs for something else? It would also allow you to stagger your prices a little bit.

I've still been tinkering a bit with my strategy which is why I have some different sizes. I'm probably going to divide it into two that are about 18Mh each with the cards I have right now. When I set things up this way there were massive daily swings in rental prices and I basically just tossed ones up and they ended up like this because prices kept going up and I was switching them all to X11 while prices were going up and I just haven't consolidated yet.

I reactivated my rigs last night and got 3 leased on Betarigs last night during the huge price spike. Leased out 18Mhash worth of X11 for an average of 20 hours (two 24's and a 12)

I wish there was a way to consistently make money on betarigs - it's true the return across 3 rigs in that rental window was better than I could make anywhere else. I think final into my coinbase acct was something like 0.055BTC That's for only a little less than 1 day and not even my entire farm.

I did experiment - and I setup two separate machines to mine under one betarig name. Workes out pretty good, it's transparent to the user, they see they are getting their 8Mhash+, and unless I tell them its across two machines, they would never know the difference (I fully disclose how it's setup though)

This is all X11 mind you -- I have less interest in Scrypt these days as it's power hungry, even scrypt-N chews up a lot of Watts.

The one thing I don't really like about Betarigs is having to manage the price levels when you are not rented. When I put a rig for lease, I generally price it at or below whatever the lowest starter is. Mainly because I don't want to sit around with my thumb up my ass spinning my wheels on high difficulty Dark Coin. That seems to be the only other X11 coin that's worth a damn.

If anyone can suggest some worthwhile X11 protocol coins I'd love to hear about it. I really don't care for pump and dump coins, I like stability :)

I reactivated my rigs last night and got 3 leased on Betarigs last night during the huge price spike. Leased out 18Mhash worth of X11 for an average of 20 hours (two 24's and a 12)

I wish there was a way to consistently make money on betarigs - it's true the return across 3 rigs in that rental window was better than I could make anywhere else. I think final into my coinbase acct was something like 0.055BTC That's for only a little less than 1 day and not even my entire farm.

I did experiment - and I setup two separate machines to mine under one betarig name. Workes out pretty good, it's transparent to the user, they see they are getting their 8Mhash+, and unless I tell them its across two machines, they would never know the difference (I fully disclose how it's setup though)

This is all X11 mind you -- I have less interest in Scrypt these days as it's power hungry, even scrypt-N chews up a lot of Watts.

The one thing I don't really like about Betarigs is having to manage the price levels when you are not rented. When I put a rig for lease, I generally price it at or below whatever the lowest starter is. Mainly because I don't want to sit around with my thumb up my ass spinning my wheels on high difficulty Dark Coin. That seems to be the only other X11 coin that's worth a damn.

If anyone can suggest some worthwhile X11 protocol coins I'd love to hear about it. I really don't care for pump and dump coins, I like stability :)
I fallback to nicehash and cryptoalts. some rigs really don't like nicehash and I can't figure out why yet.

The problem with the GOOD coins is they are the scam ones that are only good for mining for like a week. I think the hot one of the moment is sync. I did mine a decent chunk of badger, europe and color but colorcoin completely broke itself once POW was over so that turned out to be a waste. Badger is holding up pretty well

Back