Enough Voltage for my system?

kstevege

n00b
I've noticed others on this forum have their voltage over 2.5. I have been having problems with my 4 memory slots running dual channel and a few replies suggested I increase my voltage. I haven't tweaked my voltage at all and according to CPU-Z the deafult seems to be low? Any advice please!

Here are my specs according to CPU-Z :

MEMORY VOLTAGE: 2.5
Bus Speed: 828.1
Frequency: 207 mhz
Core Speed: 2898.3 mhz
FSB: DRAM 1:1
Multiplier x 14.0
Clocking: 3.0-3-3-8

Thanks!

Steve

u need to go into the bios to see what voltages your memory is running. it should be the 2.7, 2.8 range. what memory are u using anyway and what are the problems its causing?

I'm using Samsung PC3700 512MB sticks x 4. I've tried each pair as dual channel for 1 gig (512 x2) and they all work fine. Even 3 sticks work fine together (although at the loss of dual channel) but once I install all 4 sticks for double dual channel, my games freeze. Don't know what the hell to do!!!

what kind of power supply?

To be honest, I do not remember but I can tell you it is a respected name and product because I did a lot of research and bought the best components when I built my computer. I do know the power supply should not be a problem and I have more than enough of same.

Back