DVD+R or -R Media?

tim8604

n00b
Hey guys, I just got a LITEON 4X DVD+-R/+-RW Drive for christmas and have been waiting for the media prices to fall before getting anything. At compusa today I just noticed they have a 25 pack of DVD+R or DVD-R discs for $25 after instant rebate and was wondering which type of disc is better overall? Any idea which is more compatible with home DVD players. What kind of advantages do they each have? Thanks a lot!

Also, the quicker anyone can respond the better, because someone was going to pick these up for me on the way home from work in an hour or two. Thanks.

I have always used the Memorex (branded) DVD+Rs in all of my DVD burners with great success.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but arent DVD+Rs more "burner" friendly while DVD-Rs are more "TV stand alone DVD players" friendly?

Originally posted by ozziegn
I have always used the Memorex (branded) DVD+Rs in all of my DVD burners with great success.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but arent DVD+Rs more "burner" friendly while DVD-Rs are more "TV stand alone DVD players" friendly?

Nahh.. both are equally burner-friendly. Only thing is that some earlier standalones had trouble reading +R/RW discs, and that's where -R comes into play.
BTW.. read the FAQ yet,Ozzie?
;)

Back