dvd blanks brand preferences?

andypnb

Gawd
ive read through the faq somewhat,
nowhere have i found good info on what dvd+-R/RW brands to buy for blanks.

any opinions?
i am looking to get about 100 or so, look to backup dvd's and data.
reliability is important, and so is fairly long life.

i have seen some RICOH ones on newegg. any good?

oh i have the liteon411s latest firmware.

i personally buy TDK's but they can be overly priced. if thats so get some princos they work well and dont kill u by the dollar :)

I have used TDK, Fuji, and Maxell

Of the three TDK are my favorite, but they can get expensive. The Fuji's seem to be very good too.

I really haven't had a problem with any of the maxell's but they just don't seem to be as good as the other two. I don't know why, they just don't :D

Memorex work great in my Xbox, plus Best Buy runs specials on them every once in awhile.

I've been using Princo and Leda (e.g., really cheap) media for quite a while now and they've been ok provided I read them back in a good drive: my Toshiba DVD-ROM and DVD-R drives work well with these, however my Lite-On 166S is pretty flaky with these.
These cheap discs work fine in my set-top DVD player though.

I just finished testing a 1X Princo DVD-R disc that I wrote almost a year ago (1/3/03) and it reads just perfect in my Toshiba SD-M1802.

Don't buy based on brands. Buy based on the Factory. Those TDK you buy one week may very well come from a different factory the next week (i dont know if TDK's do just an example) This has been seen with many CDR/DVDR Brands.

Back