Drivers not saving settings

chrislg

n00b
Anyone else have this problem where settings in the drivers keep resetting? Not just upon rebooting, but anytime I open the menu they could be different. This goes for both clock frequencies and image quality settings. I thought it might just be the 61.72s but the 61.76 is doing it too. Card is otherwise running fine.

Are you talking clock frequencies or other settings? I'm still using 61.72 and I just checked and everything is the same as I left it..

I'm talking about any of the 6800 settings, Clock frequencies, the check for using clock frequencies at starting, image quality, etc. It's really weird. Like right now I'm trying some higher OCs, but don't want it using the new settings immediately upon restart. Tried 6 times to uncheck the box and it won't save it as off.

Did you go from Ati to Nvidia? If so you might want to uninstall all drivers and then use a driver cleaner to get the stuff stuck in the registry. Considering a format might be a last resort idea..

edit- you might want to try a third party program like Rivatuner or Powerstrip and see if those will hold your settings.

Thanks for the suggestions. I finally found out how to get the settings to save. If I just check/uncheck a setting like 'Use on startup' it won't save it, but if I modify the clock settings and then change the setting, it will save it. Very weird bug and it'll be interesting to see if I still have it when my new stuff gets here and I reformat. My comp is almost ready to kick Doom 3's ass :D

Back