Does anyone here use the ultrawide function on your LG C2 or C3?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone use this feature? Also do you set it first via the remote then start the game? Or do you let the game set the resolution without changing it on the remote first?

Thanks!

no... I like my 16x9.

I had a 34" ultra-wide before, and it's an inferior form factor to a 16x9 for a lot of reasons, but primarily FOV is too often not good, and vertical height for games like RTS or Action RPG is no good. I was glad to move back to a 16x9 after 2-3 years with a ultrawide. Full motion video is often cutoff. There isn't much incentive to use ultrawide resolution, except to gain a little bit of performance.

I've tried it via 3840x1600 custom resolution on my LG CX 48" but didn't end up using it because of the lack of curvature. You'd want to bring the display closer and then you start to want it to be curved to feel immersive.

I've tried it via 3840x1600 custom resolution on my LG CX 48" but didn't end up using it because of the lack of curvature. You'd want to bring the display closer and then you start to want it to be curved to feel immersive.

I agree, I think the lack of the curve make the 21:9 or 32:9 to be far less usuable, at least for me. However, I did try both and switched back to 16:9, it is the just the heighth of the 42 inch unit to be a little outside of my vertical vision, without having to raise my eyes.

I agree, I think the lack of the curve make the 21:9 or 32:9 to be far less usuable, at least for me. However, I did try both and switched back to 16:9, it is the just the heighth of the 42 inch unit to be a little outside of my vertical vision, without having to raise my eyes.
Scoot it back a bit or get a deeper desk?

Alternatively wall mount it and move your desk out a bit from the wall.

Back