does anyone have this case

It should be pretty good. It looks like an updated version of the HX08 which was a popular case. This one seems to have much better cooling than the HX08 though. I don't think you could wrong buying it.

If you like the way it looks, then go for it! Just make sure you check their web site for pics of the inside.

yeah it is big but i hope it is bigger that my antec case. i want something about the size of a li lain or what ever there called cause my friend has on and it is huge (was iownza's case)and pretty.

Originally posted by haroldmeyer
Can you get it cheaper without the cheap-ass psu?

It's not a cheap-ass psu. It's made by Fortron / Source, one of the best brands around. Just because it doesn't have the name recognition of Antec or Enermax doesn't make it bad.

i think u have to get power supply i know i have a good one now so i really dont need the ps

still looks like a good case though

It looks ok, kinda goofy. why dont you go with an antec case or a chenbro or something. then get a antec true power pws.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-117&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-124&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

:D

i use the second case, i painted my drives to match with this crazy ass paint. i think it is rustolium, its called hammered. when it dries it looks like it has little dents in it, and the color is almost dead on. a little darker, but close enough to look good.

Coolermaster & Lian Li make much better cases. They're the best makers in the world.

Why settle for a hot cheaply made case?

I actually like it. It's a bit different than many other cases people own, has tons of cooling potential.

I do question the HD rack being above the PSU... PSUs tend to get warm and heat rises... you do the math. Also, the fans would most likely be pulling air out of the case (the one/two located behind the drive cage at back) so it's washing warm case air over already hot drives...

I have the old version of this case (HX08). The two fans at the top do a pretty good job keeping the drives cool. One way to really improve that is to cut out the fan grills. This one in general is designed to have much better cooling with the side fan and the fan locations on the MB tray.

I am building my second machine in a Antec 1080AMG, and for $114..... unf.

Its huge, heavy, but looks badass. Once you get over the fact that a lot of people have this case, you will really like it.

I got a H700B case (although an earlier version then the one on newegg), undergoing some surgery at the moment :)
On this version the PSU-fan is on the bottom of the PSU, inside the case. It also lacks the fanhole on the side, and the colorchanging power-button.
I like the design, but there are also some flaws with the case.
For example, the location of the PSU, as someone mentioned earlier, and the location of the speaker (on the floor of the case).
I also have two HX45 cases, and I can only say that I'm a big fan of AOpen :)

Thats a sweet case. It comes with a lot of goodies. Removable mobo tray and some nicely placed fan holes. The psu's are decen and the construction of the case is really good as well. I've dealt with Aopen cases a lot and they put quite a bit of thought into makeing them. I would say go for it! Also you might be able to find cheaper prices for them. Hit up Aopen and find some of the other distrubutors.

Good luck with your case hunt!

P.S. The price for that particular case sounds a bit high for what it should be.

Originally posted by MalodicOne
i use the second case, i painted my drives to match with this crazy ass paint. i think it is rustolium, its called hammered. when it dries it looks like it has little dents in it, and the color is almost dead on. a little darker, but close enough to look good.

Like this?
case4.jpg

(crappy camera, sorry)

i have a antec case now i just wanted something big and wondering if that was a good one thanks for the feed back :D

Back