Do they make PCI risers that go a full 90 degrees?

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have a Thermaltake Core P3 that I am wall mounting. I want to make it as slim as possible, so I want to mount the GPU where the non-existing AIO would go. The mounting hardware I can solution through easily enough, but the PCI riser cable is vexing me. I know they make cables that are for cards right in front of the PCI port. I tried searching, I didn't see anything that allowed for the GPU to be mounted where I want. Do they make such PCI risers? Is it possible to learn this power?

PXL_20230930_003347724.jpg

If you want it flat you'll have to rig something.

Did it come with a vertical mount? If so, or if you can sort one, you may be able to attach it to the side then the gpu will mount on it with minimal fuss. There are many other generic vertical mounts you can look at to see if they have mounting holes or can be drilled to line up with the options you have on the fan/rad area. Swap out the ribbon cable, if it comes with one, that's not up to the task, especially to mount it in a 90 degree, flat orientation.

You can go custom. One mod I did used a separate particle board wrapped in leather to mount the gpu below the main system. I used standard offsets screwed into the wood to create the mounting points.

Like, here, move the mounting hardware for the riser to the "top" of the rail and use the slots on the back to secure the rail to the case. Remove the other rails not needed to mount it. Or, source the t-rail and hardware independently.
1696041743475.png

The custom deal.
SR2_Wall_Mount3.png

The case did come with a riser cable, but its not long enough. Even the 30cm ones I am seeing may not be long enough once you factor in it has to bend 90 degrees. Thats a few inches right there

PXL_20230930_195025894.jpg

Last edited:
Back