Differences between these 2 wired xbox 360 controllers?

Sparrow_69

Gawd
Can someone pls. explain to me what the difference is between the Microsoft common controller:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10069038&catid=

and the standard wired controller?
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10067320&catid=

They are both wired. However, the common controller (more expensive) says its " equipped with smart features for enhanced gaming performance and greater navigational control". Ok great, but what does that REALLY mean?

First one is for Windows.

Second one is for Xbox360

The smart features for enhancement gaming performance is to make the Windows version of the control more responsive for gaming when you are not using a keyboard and mouse of course.

the gamer said:

The smart features for enhancement gaming performance is to make the Windows version of the control more responsive for gaming when you are not using a keyboard and mouse of course.
i don't think there's any difference except the one "for PC" comes with a driver disk, which you really don't need. i could be wrong though.

imo, this place is overcharging for the pads. you can pick up a wired controller from BB or target or any other store for 39.99. it won't have the driver disk, but windows will automatically detect it and download the drivers for you.

ScotteusMaximus said:
imo, this place is overcharging for the pads. you can pick up a wired controller from BB or target or any other store for 39.99. it won't have the driver disk, but windows will automatically detect it and download the drivers for you.

It's canadian

ScotteusMaximus said:

QFT.

Tedium said:
It's canadian
oops, didn't even see the .ca domain. in that case, i'd just go with the cheaper one, as long as it's still microsoft. i've had bad experiences with 3rd party peripherals, but ymmv. if you're running a windows OS, the drivers should update themselves automatically.

the gamer said:

Ummm no...

the PC one just comes with a driver disk.. which you can just DL the drivers...also.. Microsoft put out a statement saying .. that the two should be the same price.. and that the retailers are the one's fucking people over.. not microsoft..

in other words.. they are the same thing... buy the cheaper one.. and download the drivers if you're gonna use it for a PC... that's what i did.. and it works great

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Ummm no...

the PC one just comes with a driver disk.. which you can just DL the drivers...also.. Microsoft put out a statement saying .. that the two should be the same price.. and that the retailers are the one's fucking people over.. not microsoft..

in other words.. they are the same thing... buy the cheaper one.. and download the drivers if you're gonna use it for a PC... that's what i did.. and it works great
ok kewl, thats what I was trying to say but it didnt come out that why I see :D.

Back