Dell monitors

I have decided im going to grab a dell 17" LCD display... Im looking at both thte 1703fp and e172fp.... is there going to be a hugely noticeable difference between the two? If any of you have either monitor, please feel free to describe ur experience iwth the monitor. Oh, and here are the links to both the monitors:
e172fp
1703fp

I have the 1703fp. It's a great display. Note that the other one doesn't have dvi input.

aww man it doesnt? that sucks

EDIT: what would u say to a refurbished 1703fp? thier only 398 bux compared to the 550 for a new one.... is dell usually worth going for a refurbished?

If you're buying a reburb from Dell, it should be fine. They probably check the displays out for defects before putting them on sale.

We just got 3 E172FPb displays at work this week... I'm actually VERY pleased with them.
I was hesitant to get them, being that they're a) Dell, b) inexpensive, and c) don't have DVI inputs.

I ended up getting them because they are just going with 3 low-end Dimension 2400 (2.4GHz Celeron) systems with on-board graphics... All they're gonna be used for is MS Office by lusers that are gonna be happy just 'cuz "OMG ITS TEH FLAT PANAL LCD!!! IT'S GOT TEH MEGAHURTZ!!!1"

Anyway, as I said... the quality is actually VERY good, not just for an analog LCD, but LCDs in general.
No idea what the pixel refresh is... can't play games on these systems :) It's gotta be 25ms or better, though.

BTW -- this is for the E172FPb version -- I dunno if it's a newer/older version of the E172FP.

I bought my 1703 refurbished and it has been a great monitor! It even took a header off a table at a lan while on and after brushing off the cheetos dust worked just as good as ever. I highly recommend them. Great gaming monitor.

hmm any others? I want to be completely sure... explain ur image quality and any gaming and movies u have done on it...

Back