Dell 8800GT 512MB for 208 Shipped (purchased November) - Actually Shipped!

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Just thought I'd give you a heads up. Dell, after giving me several chances to cancel my order during the last couple months on the 8800GT (ordered along with thousands of others for 208ish), finally shipped the card. I got a shipping confirmation yesterday.

I posted in that 70+ page thread several times that those patient enough would most likely find the pot at the end of the rainbow. From my own epx. I've had this same thing happen with a camcorder I bought at $50 cheaper than anywhere else - took a couple months, and several optional cancelation notices, but eventually got it, and this graphics card will end up being the same.

I'll post back here after I recieve the card, IE - what model it is, in case it's not the original overclocked MSI we all intended to purchase.

Anyway - since the original thread is locked, I can't post the good news there. But perhaps more of the [H] board is getting the same postive e-mail!

Just an FYI, I never once called and complained, nor asked for a shipping discount/whatever. I'm paying the full price and have no regrets as you still can't buy a 512MB 8800GT for this price even several months later, and probably won't be able to purchase one so cheap for some time to come.

Good to know that there are some patient people out there. :)

Too bad when you purchased it, it was the cream of the crop during that time, now it's getting replaced by other powerful variants.

But nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a blast with it.

The key word that is getting. I think that card will be high-end for a couple more months until the 9800GX2 and 9800GTX are readily available for MSRP.

I wanted to wait, but no, they canceled my order for me after telling them not to.

I wanted to wait, but no, they canceled my order for me after telling them not to.

It won't be outdated for the price range for sometime to come...sure the 9 series cards will be faster...but you'll pay that new card premium, and I should hope the 8800gt will be faster than the 9600 or whatever NVIDIA release for midrange

Its all in the past now, I found the cards from another source and ordered. I just really hated the way I was treated and how they just canceled my order and then hung up on me when I wanted my order restored, but they said I would be placed at the back of the order line.

lucky for me. i canceled the same day. actually 2 hours after purchasing.

when i found out dell and pp is playing games with their discounts and shit.

wasted my time ordering and wasted my time to cancel (2 hrs on wait)

good thing i did.

The key word that is getting. I think that card will be high-end for a couple more months until the 9800GX2 and 9800GTX are readily available for MSRP.

uhhh... 208 dollar card that performs almost like an 8800gtx and plays all current games maxed vs new card thats gonna cost 600+? who cares what is "high end", all that matters is performance, esp for the games u play

BIRD IN THE HAND! - It finally arrived.

It is the MSI NX8800GT.

Is that the one we ordered? LOL...it's been too long...My receipt isn't clear on which model it was we were supposed to get??? There is a picture of an Asian "queen" face on the box.

Order Number: ************** Estimated Ship Date: 12/10/2007

Item Number Quantity Item Description

******************* 1 GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB-DUAL DVI TVOUT OVERCLOCK
Dell Home Customers: Save 20% off Select Gaming Accessories! - $52.00
Order Subtotal: $207.99
Shipping and Handling Total: $4.99

Shipping Discount: -$4.99

Tax Total: $13.73
Total Charges: $221.72

So what does it take to get one of these delivered? I'm still waiting, email conversations are useless, and they just keep delaying it one week at a time.

So what does it take to get one of these delivered? I'm still waiting, email conversations are useless, and they just keep delaying it one week at a time.

I never called except to tell them I still wanted it when they sent me the e-mail option to call them or it would be cancelled. I never was agressive with them, never asked when it would ship etc. Just kept replying to the e-mails that I wanted the product when it came back in stock and was willing to wait.

take that for what it's worth.

I got my card a couple weeks ago after telling them TO cancel, but they still shipped the card. I got the XFX card with the Paypal discount. I also got my Paypal 20% back on January 15th also which I wasn't expecting and part of the reason I cancelled, so I paid well under $200 for the card :cool:

Wait, so you waited 2~3 months for you 88GT to show up? LoL I got so much gaming done in that time, I couldn't have dealt with it. In fact I had a 88GT on order on Oct 31st from buy.com. They said they didn't have it, after 2 weeks I said screw it and bought one from bestbuy for $280...but it gets better. 2 days later they price match it for $250. About 1~2 weeks later they price match it AGAIN at $237...SWEET. To have a 8800GT OC in the middle of November for $240 was awesome. Anyways, praise you patience of steel.

what a bummer -

I can't get it to work right....

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1267265

After all that waiting I fear I may have got a bad card.

well

I sent it back today. I waited three months - got a defective card (tried it in four computers) and sent it back for a refund because dell wouldn't swap it with another card. They said they could only refund it and let me buy another one instead. Their current 8800GT's are $279 for the cheapest. I told the customer service representative that I only paid $208 for the card and $279 was not in the same price range...she said she could help me out with a $30 dollar credit - maximum.

$259 --- great...I said is that my only option? She said outside of returning it for a refund yes.

So I returned it for a refund. -- Fantastic eh?

3 months - no card. ha....so much for a reward for my patience :)

As my 8th grade Civics teacher, Mr. Sharp, used to say.

Sometimes you get the Bear....Sometimes the Bear gets you.

Archaea, order it from Microcenter or Buy.com. However, it's currently OOS at Microcenter, so go to Buy.com if you want it now.

Microcenter has it for roughly $227.00 shipped.

Buy.com has it for $239.shipped, but you can get 10 to 12 bucks off with a coupon or 10 bucks of with google checkout.

Go to http://www.hardforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1032002551 to get all the details.

I ordered mine last Thursday and I'll have it on Monday....it apparently shipped form a warehouse less than 2 hours from me (but it's still tax free :D)

I tried my hand at the $200 dollar after rebate Galaxy card that's in the Hot deals section right now.

I kind of have this max value idea of $200 I like to pay for any graphics card.

MIcrocenter is 219 + 5 shipping + 15 tax.

= $240....too rich for my blood

I tried my hand at the $200 dollar after rebate Galaxy card that's in the Hot deals section right now.

I kind of have this max value idea of $200 I like to pay for any graphics card.

MIcrocenter is 219 + 5 shipping + 15 tax.

= $240....too rich for my blood

Buy.com is the same price as Microcenter after you use the 10% off coupon (or GC). Of course, if you live in CA, there's no way around the tax.

Maybe these companies should all relocated to Wyoming, the Dakotas or Montana. All have low populations which means virtually no customer gets taxed and since they frequently ship the items from warehouses all over the country, their physical location doesn't really matter.

Back