Dell 2001FP 20" LCD $749.25

nice monitor. I'm loving mine! now if only I had a use for two of them!

Now if only I had MONEY for a second one:)
I love dual monitors and now that I got this 2001fp for my primary monitor, my Samsung 900NF just looks like utter CRAP:(

that sounded like bad news
until i read that my planar px 191 is 100 bucks more than i payed
payed 680 shipped
now 799

Oh, this just SUCKS! :mad:

I was very thankful that I didn't get my bonus check until right after the last 2001FP sale. I was able to avoid spending $800 on a monitor, even if it has GOT to be the best value going.

Now, I'm going to be forced to pony up the dough. Oh, well. At least the shipping's free, too.

Originally posted by Hal|9k
Oh, this just SUCKS! :mad:

I was very thankful that I didn't get my bonus check until right after the last 2001FP sale. I was able to avoid spending $800 on a monitor, even if it has GOT to be the best value going.

Now, I'm going to be forced to pony up the dough. Oh, well. At least the shipping's free, too.

Damn those types of problems to have!

I LOVE mine too :D if someone thinks it sucks, they are smoking something too much...16ms 20"...do you even see one of those at all....do you see one less than 1000?

I got mine today! My old 21 inch was dying after seven years and I had to replace it. I grabbed the Dell $749.99 offer on the last day this past weekend.

The two day free delivery was nice and on schedule. I hooked it into my 9700 pro DVI-I port and I could not be happier. You have to work on it for a few hours to let your eyes adjust if your used to a tube monitor, but it is alot easier on the eyes than my old 21 inch CRT. I fired up Halo, and while I am old and not too good at games of that nature, I did not notice the monitor lagging or hampering my game play at all (of course you have take into consideration that I am an old man).

My Toshiba laptop has several bad pixels on it's display and I was worried that I would be in a similar situation if I purchased this monitor. However, I have been running it since 5:00 central, (11:00 now) and there is no indication that there is even a single bad pixel on the whole display! The three year warranty gave me the nuge to move forward.

Two thumbs up! If you can, and they drop the price again, do get one. I have heard many complaints about Dell and we have some of their computers at work that I would not want at home, but this monitor is top notch! Unfortunately, as I work in the day and teach at night I will not have anymore time this week to play with it until the weekend. :D

Its the same panel thats on the Viewsonic vp201s. The Viewsonic is just more expensive but i think the Viewsonic LCD's look alot better then something from Dell so thats the main reason i buy those instead. They both have the 16ms response time. Response time usually doesn't equate how well the LCD performs in games. Some 25ms LCD's have less ghosting then several 16ms ones. The Dell LCD's are top notch cause of the panels they use but i dont know if they are really as hot as everyone makes them out to be. There are alot of good LCD's from Viewsonic, NEC, Samsung, and others on the market and to me they have better eye candy.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Response time usually doesn't equate how well the LCD performs in games. Some 25ms LCD's have less ghosting then several 16ms ones.

Response times do equate to how well the LCD performs in games. Two different panels may have 25ms (typ) of total response time. That doesn't mean those two have the exact same rise/fall times. One can have a higher fall time than the other. Fall time is the dominating factor when it comes to response time performance.

The sad thing is that alot of the manufacturers don't list the rise/fall times, just the total typical time.

the people saying they aren't good were saying that because they had issues with Dell's quality control, ie. getting dead pixels etc. Some had multiple returns.

The one guy I know personally that has one of these actually had zero dead pixels. His has some slight backlight bleed, but it's far less pronounced than 85% of the hundreds of Eizo and Viewsonic flats that we have around here.

As for mine, I'll have to tell you later. It's sitting at home waiting for me to come home and open the box.

Yes, I'm anxious to get home.:D

Originally posted by SioPao
*sigh* sales over. saved me spending the money this time around.
Heh. That's what I said for the last sale. :D

I've been running this thing through its paces for about three hours now and I have to say that I'm impressed.

Two gripes:

1. My PC is too slow to run this thing smoothly in 3D at native rez. Newegg here I come!

2. My non-HD television now looks like crap. BestBuy here I come!

Haha, one good thing leads to another.

It is comforting to hear people are having better luck with these. I might not be able to hold back next time.

Originally posted by Hal|9k
Heh. That's what I said for the last sale. :D

I've been running this thing through its paces for about three hours now and I have to say that I'm impressed.

Two gripes:

1. My PC is too slow to run this thing smoothly in 3D at native rez. Newegg here I come!

2. My non-HD television now looks like crap. BestBuy here I come!

You don't have to run it at 1600x1200 (native resolution).

The reason that 1280x1024 LCDs are so bad at scaling (say to 800x600, etc.) is because of the fact that they aren't using the proper 4:3 scaling ratio.

However, 1600x1200 is in the proper 4:3 scaling ratio, therefore you can scale correctly to other 4:3 ratio resolutions (but you won't scale properly to 1280x1024 or non-4:3 ratio resolutions).

Another SALE?? I have one at home and now am so tempted to buy one for the office. I just couldn't be more pleased with my 2001fp

Well, it's still on sale, just not as good of a sale. :p

They've got it marked down 15% instead of 25%. If anyone's thinking about getting one, I'd wait a few days and see. They've had it down to $750 at least three times this year.

Back