dead pixels forming over time.?

enyceexdanny

2[H]4U
is it true?.

I've heard it before, but I wanted to confirm..

Can dead pixels appear over time?,

Everything goes out over time, Yes pixels go out over time (a very long time. Your backlight will probably be first though) but LCD's should last longer than the tube in your CRT, Does a CRT last forvever, does an L.E.D. last forever, does a light bulb last forever, will you last forever. NO

Originally posted by Ramfart
Everything goes out over time, Yes pixels go out over time (a very long time. Your backlight will probably be first though) but LCD's should last longer than the tube in your CRT, Does a CRT last forvever, does an L.E.D. last forever, does a light bulb last forever, will you last forever. NO

never thought id be confronted with my own mortality on the [H] :(

LOL

And what about reincarnation?

Monitors have the same thing, they get refurbished.

:p

Heh, but refurbished come back half-assed. Kinda like the refurbed LCD I recieved a while back, it only displayed in blue. In other words this means you will come back as a lower life form, such as an ant :p .

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I can't! The ants will kill me! They would avenge thier brothers! Noooooooooooooo!

(This is one odd thread)

Originally posted by Ramfart

Well, I don't know about you, but I plan on living forever.

Glad to see some humor here, thanks guys!:D

Glad you guys are taking it the way I meant it (In jest) and not the way it could have been taken by some.

Not to mention any BattleAngel000names, though. :D

Good thing I'm kinda Buddhist, maybe when I'm reborn I'll be a super cool guy who gets all the ladies, instead of spending all his time learning about comps on the [H]. :D

Highly unlikely though.

Serious response: Yes, those pixels will go out eventually. I have this old CRT that is dying off (after about 7 years), and the LCD in one of my really old laptops is fading away.

Back