Dead Mobo?

Apathy

Gawd
I've been running the rig in my sig for the last 8 years or so with basically no issues.

Came home last week to my PC off and not booting from the power switch on the case.

Mobo has power. Lights are on, but no Q code on the Asus numbered indicator. Power switch on Mobo does nothing.

Cleared CMOS, unplugged ram/GPU/sata plugs, but still no boot. No beeps either.

Replaced PSU with new PSU, but still nothing. Tried different outlet, different AC power cord, but still no boot. Tried jumping with screwdriver on power pins, but no dice.

No lights on the board seem to indicate failure from what I can tell.

Asus board has a pulsing orange/yellow light beneath heatsink, but I think that's just decorative.

There is an audible high pitched whine that I don't recall hearing before. I'm aware coil whine can be normal, but this sound was definitely not there before.

All signs point to dead Mobo?

If so, what do? Not trying to spend a grand on new Mobo/CPU right now.

Rig:
Intel 6700k / Win10 Pro
Corsair H110i GT
Asus Z170 Deluxe / Corsair 850HXi
SS 950 Pro 512GB / SS 850 Pro 1TB / WD 4TB Black
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000
EVGA 980Ti Hybrid / Dell U3011
Altec Lansing FX6021 / Sennheiser HD595
Corsair K70 RGB / Razer Deathadder / Corsair Obsidian 550D

clear the cmos again and then pop in a new battery. if that doesnt get you anywhere then it could be toast. do you get any "no ram" or "no gpu" beep codes if theyre removed?

clear the cmos again and then pop in a new battery. if that doesnt get you anywhere then it could be toast. do you get any "no ram" or "no gpu" beep codes if theyre removed?
I have a new battery and a new z170 deluxe headed my way right now. Will post results tomorrow for CMOS battery. Z170 is two weeks out.

No notification for ram or GPU. No beeps at all. The missing Q codes on the board make me think the board is likely the culprit.
Look for popped caps or smoked MOSFETs.
Will check when I get home tonight. Also noticing the Corsair CPU cooler not lighting up at all.

Mobo came yesterday. Replaced and PC booted right up.

Noticed something is different though. I did the ez tune for a quick overclock and it did an automatic 15% instead of the 20% that it had before the motherboard went out. Maybe I have to do a bios update and see what happens then.

Also activated XMP for the ram.

Mobo came yesterday. Replaced and PC booted right up.

Noticed something is different though. I did the ez tune for a quick overclock and it did an automatic 15% instead of the 20% that it had before the motherboard went out. Maybe I have to do a bios update and see what happens then.

Also activated XMP for the ram.
Glad to hear replacement board got you up and running. You can't really compare the ez tune 1:1 unless you're on the exact same BIOS as you previously were.

I wouldn't even use ez tune. 6700K you should be manually overclocking with frequency/voltage (unlike the newest AMD/Intel platforms arguably.) Those automated OC things usually overshoot voltage and/or undershoot frequency. Some examples here in the comments of what people are running voltage wise/frequency wise on a 6700K but obviously silicon lottery and cooler/case airflow still play a role.

Back