Data cyclic redundancy error

Egekrusher

Gawd
Hey guys,

When I try to copy from a data cd that I made about 2 months ago, I get an error " Cannot copy file : Data cyclic redundancy error"

These are mp3 files that are on this CD. I made 18 of them to back up my collection. It does the same thing on all 18 of them. The thing is, it only does it on the latter part of the CD, ie the first 80 or so song's are ok to copy from the cd to my computer, but any files after that give me that error message. It does this on EVERY one of those CD's. The thing is, I know that the files are ok. I can throw the CD in my MP3 cd player, and it works just fine, I can also throw the CD in my computer and open up the files in question, and they'll play just fine, I just can't copy the damn things. The only reason I even care is because my hard drive that I store my MP3 files on died 2 days ago and I NEED to be able to copy these files to my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try burning a copy of one of your "bad cd's" in someone elses burner just for grins, then seeing what happens. Install the newest burning software like direct cd to see if that helps... Are they r's or rw's?

As far as recovering your cd files, I would suggest using isobuster which you can get off of download . com. I use the software for the same kind of issues when I get that damn cyclic redundancy error...works every time.

Also, you could try a program called ISOBuster. It owns when it comes to extracting data from a CD windows doesn't seem to like.

Originally posted by psychosonik
try burning a copy of one of your "bad cd's" in someone elses burner just for grins, then seeing what happens. Install the newest burning software like direct cd to see if that helps... Are they r's or rw's?

R's

Memorex, 48x

I use Nero for burning.

Have you tried a different drive?

I have a CD-ROM drive that I can't install games from because it's guaranteed to give me some CRC errors somewhere along the way.

There is a chance your drive is going bad or the laser may be out of alignment. My Pioneer DVDROM I believe just died a couple of nights ago. I knew it was going to go soon after I tried to put a CD in it and it wouldn't go in. Looked down to find that my 3 year old son had managed to stuff a 3.5" floppy into the drive. I got the disk out, but the drive didn't sound the best after that.

I think MS has a fix for this exact problem. I remember downloading a fix from MS and it fixed my problem. My problem was that my CD Burner was burning cd's and when I try to read them in another computer I would get this error messege.

Originally posted by darktiger
I think MS has a fix for this exact problem. I remember downloading a fix from MS and it fixed my problem. My problem was that my CD Burner was burning cd's and when I try to read them in another computer I would get this error messege.

Couldn't find that, did find a patch for FAT systems that fixes CRC issues. Only for WinNT though.

Great.. just great.. downloaded ISObuster... corrupt sectors on all the CD's.. not a damn scratch on them. I'm screwed.

Back