CureCoin?

This is interesting. I will keep an eye on it. I always wanted to go back to folding or crunching or something.... never had the motivation because my GPUs were making me money so far.

I will have to wait to see what a Curecoin is worth before I decide whether it's worth it for me to start folding again. I've got shit tons of hardware for it... and hopefully some of the tricks still work with the new folding client to get better work units right off the bat (like the "beta" flag).

I'm having a go folding for this and so far it's pretty good. It uses less electricity than when it's mining for other alt coins, making it more profitable than any other coins that I can find. Also it's nice to be contributing to folding work. It gets a 1+ from me.

What I'm curious about now is the power consumption of folding in comparison to X11. If I remember correctly the power consumption numbers from when I used to fold, X11 may still be less power hungry.

Folding looks to use a bit more power. The power usage on my gpus stays at about 73% while folding. On x11 they bounce between 40 something and 70.

Back