Critique this Tagan PSU (ill bet you havent heard of it).

zlooop

Gawd
First off, the link for the website is located here , sorry I cant directly link it, but it is a flash site.

I am looking at the 380 Watt, model number TG380-U01

The specs are:

+3.3V 28A
+5V 37A
+12V 22A
-12V 1A
-5V 0.8A
-5VSB 2.8A

Here are some reviews of the 480W version:
One
Two
Three

Questions:

What do you guys think of this PSU straight off?

Should it be adequate to power an AMD 64 3400+, 1GB RAM, Raptor HD, 6800GT, and 2 CDROM drives without overclocking or running a ton of fans?

Being rated at 380W, that's a strong +12V rail. There are quite a few people I've heard of that swear by Tagans.

_Korruption_ said:
Being rated at 380W, that's a strong +12V rail. There are quite a few people I've heard of that swear by Tagans.

I shouldnt have any problems with my system in terms of power consumption should I? When I look at the tech docs from AMDs website, which is the power value I need to look for? There are soo many!!

The multi-cpu guys at 2cpu.com, who are notorious for eating +12 for breakfast with RAID arrays and dualies, seem to love the tagan supplies for their beefy +12v. I've only heard good things about them, but at the same time I haven't seen any real testing of them. YMMV

These power supplies are REALLY cheap compared to most stuff you guys talk about on this forum.

That's a very well rounded power supply for a 380 watt unit. The internal layout and heatsinking is top notch compared to the rest of the market. From what the specs and the reviews suggest, you will be in good hands with this supply, now and in the forseeable future.

I have modded about 10 of the 480w version of this unit, and I have to say it is impressive. For the price, it can't be beat. It has one of the beefiest 12v lines I have seen and the thermal design is great. It's practically inaudible and they even use 16 gauge wire!

i too have heard nothing but good things and good reviews about their 480 watt psu... i almost bought it but instead decided to go for the 550 watt fortron which gave me 2x +12v rails...

YMMV

Back