Creative Digital DIN (mini) with audigy 1

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
Howdy,

I currently have a SB audigy Platinum EX working in tandom with a Cambridge DTT3500 (creatives best choice for 5.1 digital speakers at the time).

Have anyone had any problem using the 5.1 DIN connector?

The way it sets up is using the alrge digital DIN cable that is round and large with many pins (like ps/2 connector) and using the mini-din cable to connector to the end of the cable that allows you to plug in to the Digital Out port on the sound card.

I've conencted my speaker AMP/control panel to it via Digital Din method and it will not work for sound output. I've tried reversing the Large digital Din cable to no avail.

I've set different options on the Cambridge receiver and haven't yeilded any working. I've tried different sampling rates, 44khz will give me SOME crackling noises, 48 and 96 won't produce any sound.

I'd like to be able to use the Digital din to attain use of all he speakers with EAX in games. I'm currently relying on the Optical 5.1 digital cable only for sound use.

Thanks in advance if you have any diea to help.

i know this will sound stupid, but make sure the Digital DIN cable is firmly plugged into the DTT3500 reciever, as well as into the mini adapter.

i couldn't get the Digital DIN to work on my brother's set of DTT3500's for a while either, but we found that the connection between the reciever and the cable is rather deceptive. if you push it in like a normal cable (ie: same amount of pressure) it won't go in all the way. you must push quite hard on the plug to get it to fit in all the way.

Back