crazy keyboard

zmjone2992

[H]ard|Gawd
In MW2 my character will just suddenly start running in a direction, or will not be able to move. I have had this problem with both of my keyboards, which work fine with every other game I have. Also when this occurs, when pressing tab to view the score in multiplayer if I hit tab once the score stays displayed, and if I hold tab it flickers quickly on and off. Also, often pressing shift brings up the steam overlay in-game, which means I cannot sprint. This is quite annoying obviously, and is present in both single player and multiplayer. Any ideas? I have reinstalled drivers for both. I have tried both my Logitech illuminated and my Razer Tarantula.

Maybe you need a 360 controller to play.

Oooooohhh.

Well if both keyboards work fine in any other game, then it must be something with MW2. Backup your game/profiles and try reinstalling/repairing the game's installing?

Maybe you need a 360 controller to play.

Oooooohhh.

Well if both keyboards work fine in any other game, then it must be something with MW2. Backup your game/profiles and try reinstalling/repairing the game's installing?

Well now it is doing it with Killing Floor too. Exactly the same stuff. I just finished reinstalling video drivers and have already deleted and am redownloading mw2. This is frustrating

Do you have any other peripherals installed? I've encountered problems like this when having a xbox 360 gamepad connected along with a joystick.

i have the xbox 360 wireless controller. i use the wireless dongle to connect my Guitar Hero World Tour instruments to my htpc. whenever i have the drivers isntalled for it, it over rides my microsoft entertainment 7000 series kb/mouse so now im just using a crappy wired kb and mouse....nice to know microsoft doesnt still have its head up its ass....

Having a 360 controller connected to my computer makes the it think that I'm slowly pushing forward on an analog stick. Try unplugging it.

I have a controller but it isn't plugged in. I have unplugged every usb device except for my mouse and keyboard at it still isn't working.

AH I figured it out. Damn you Lifehacker! The "texter" app was the culprit. Freakin desktop scripts. Thanks for the help though peoples

Hey, I think I have the same problem as you... In most games it will randomly start repeating keyboard key presses or be unresponsive and laggy. It's really annoying. Framerates and ping remain high. Could you explain how you found out what was wrong?

"Texter" was an app I found on Lifehacker that has some cool text macros. Somehow that was screwing up keyboard inputs in my games. Removing the app solved all my problems.

Back