Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 LP Keyboard Replacement Cables? Where can I find them?

Hi, Ive went through the forum and cant seem to find an answer to this. If I have overlooked it and repeat this topic I apologize. The Cable on my k70 has frayed/kinked etc and it was powering off or the lights would go out and I would lose keyboard functions. If I moved the keyboard around, the connection came back. This was rare and quickly turned to extremely common. I took a part the keyboard and tried to repair this cable but it failed again after only a few days. Most likely because of my amatuer attempt to fix it. I decided that it was easy enough to disassemble, remove and replace the cable so I would just buy a replacement cable. Corsairs reponses to my queries on where I can purchase the cable seem to be answered by an automated response program. The one Human I text with gave me links on where to get replacement cables for a PSU. I really dont want to even attempt to rely on Corsair for direction with this because theyve wasted enough of my time. Im sure they dont offer the $20 cable because they want me to drop another $150 instead on a new keyboard. Sorry to rant. Does anyone have any experience with locating Corsair Keyboard cables? Its a Y connection cable with aone end being for USB passthrough. Ive found 1 on ebay but it doesnt appear to have the correct end for the usb passthrough cable. Here is what I'm looking for. Thanks
Bob B
Missouri

Attachments

• k70 mk.2 data cable.jpg
    k70 mk.2 data cable.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
I think it's just 2 USB cables sharing a sleave together.
No idea what the end that connects inside looks like but I would suspect the cable is soldered to something inside the keyboard, not something you can simply open up, unplug and plug something else in.
But if you don't actually use the USB passthrough you could just swap where they're connected in the keyboard and use the passthrough for the actual keyboard. Assuming that isn't broken too.

Back