Condemned reading as DVD...

JahWarrior

n00b
I just rented the game Condemned, and every time I put in my 360 it reads it as a DVD, not a game...and the only thing that comes up is a multi-language warning that says to play this game, put it in an xbox 360 console...anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

This is a common problem with my console now.
It slowly started to develop with games. It's happened twice with Condemed and numerous times with launch titles. Especially PD0.

Rent the game from Blockbuster or something. If the other Condemned does the same thing, call MS and RMA the box. If the other condemned works, exchange the disc :)

steviep said:
Rent the game from Blockbuster or something. If the other Condemned does the same thing, call MS and RMA the box. If the other condemned works, exchange the disc :)

QFT. Very good suggestion.

That happened with the first 2 original xbox's I had. It would happen with new games though and happened maybe 2-3 days after I bought/traded for a new Xbox. I had to send it to microsoft to get it fixed.

steviep said:

I was under the impression that Blockbuster won't start renting Xbox 360 games until the console sells 5 million units. At least that's what the sales clerk told me a few months back when I originally bought mine. I'm not sure where they stand now though (Blockbuster or Xbox 360 sales)

With the supply shortages and expensive entry price, it might be a while longer before 5m units are sold.... With that said, I'm sure there's SOMEWHERE you can rent 360 games. A lot of people in the US keep talking about the Gamefly service, maybe you can check that out. Or, if any of your friends have an X360, you can try the disk at their place? That will determine whether it's the disc that's the problem, or the box.

steviep said:
With the supply shortages and expensive entry price, it might be a while longer before 5m units are sold.... With that said, I'm sure there's SOMEWHERE you can rent 360 games. A lot of people in the US keep talking about the Gamefly service, maybe you can check that out. Or, if any of your friends have an X360, you can try the disk at their place? That will determine whether it's the disc that's the problem, or the box.

Gamefly is great, and i think hollywood video rents them too. Plus, there's always local places you might get lucky at. But yeah blockbuster doesnt rent them yet, thats nationwide..

Spaceman_Spiff said:
Gamefly is great, and i think hollywood video rents them too. Plus, there's always local places you might get lucky at. But yeah blockbuster doesnt rent them yet, thats nationwide..

I got DOA4 at Hollywood video and it looked like blockbuster was putting out a section for the Xbox 360 when I was in there a couple weeks ago where I live

Back