Computer case for a friend

penguin

2[H]4U
Well, I am (hopefully) building a computer for a friend soon. Problem is selecting the case. He wants it to look cool, and after talking to him on the phone he has the attitude a lamer (he thinks he's gonna be so cool cause he's a loser with a case he didn't mod...). Anyway, what case should I go with? I don't trust my modding skills on someone else's case, so it needs to be a premod :rolleyes:. I was looking at the chenbro gaming bomb, and I have seen it in person and must say it is pretty nice. So far, that's where I'm at.

drag him out to a local shop, or online store and have him look at some cheap ass premods, then instal an led fan or two and maybe a ccfl, boom your done, maybe some touch up paint or cutting out the premade grills and poping some new ones on, (maybe ones that say poser)

good luck

aspire x-alien is nice ( i have one) its $95 at newegg.com and comes with a window, 6 fans(3 led), and a powersupply

Originally posted by Ruckus
sounds like he might like the diabolic case.

http://directron.com/3gth202.html

Hmm, I think you're right, but I don't have the money for that one, and even if he likes it, i REFUSE to build a comp in that case.

Originally posted by BLsibub666
or cutting out the premade grills and poping some new ones on, (maybe ones that say poser)

LOL that would probly fit him :D

Killtoy: I was considering that case, but since price is an issue, I might not go for it :(

One more vote for the X-SuperAlien.

If not that, then you could save a few bucks and go with the Raidmax Scorpio 868 midtower case. It comes with 3 LED fans (with room for another 4 intakes).....the pre-cut "Z" window /w blade grill.....and a 420W PSU.

I picked up the Scorpio for my latest P4 'cus I was a little low on cash at the time and it is/was just less then half the cost of the X-SuperAlien. The only downside to the Scorpio 868 IMO is the fact that you almost HAVE to replace the PSU.....with its 4 molex connectors and all. :rolleyes: O well, a small price to pay.

Good luck.

Another vote for X Super Alien.

The 500 watt ps in them is very high quality & its LED/UV reactive.

Okay. I'm right now trying to decide between the x-alien and the aspire x-pider (Not the gaming bomb. Stupid people gave it the same name :p). The x-pider's price including PSU is tempting, and I am looking at the silver one. Didn't realize that $95 for the alien included PSU, thats a nice price.

those are good cases for the price. If your buddy wants to spend a bit more, I'd recommend the X-Superalien. I have it and its great for a premod. Includes a premoded 500W PSU.

about $119.00 on www.xoxide.com

gl.

Back