Come On Baby Run Linspire

GreNME

2[H]4U
I sent an e-mail to Steve, but I dunno if he's gonna post the link on the front.

http://www.linspire.com/RunLinspireFlash.php

This is a hillarious "commercial" for Linspire. No matter what your position is on Linux, Windows, Linspire, or any other operating system, I still recommend watching this for a laugh. It kinda reminds me of Apple's "switcher" commercials, but with more talent and flair put into them.

They took Gentoo Linux's penguin...

Funky commercial by the way, but when you said they were like the Apple Switch commercials, I thought you were referring to the one with the cartoon talking about how they held the moon ransom, but then the computer controlling the satellites BSODed, so the guy switched to Linux. I need to find it again, it was funny.

This one

No, this is just similar to Apple's ads in that it bashes Microsoft by name in order to make themselves sound better.

Oh, and it's on the front page. :)

Hahaha, "Thank god they don't [like Linux] 'cuz they'd all be super villians, wouldn't they? Haha!" Hahahahahahaaah!!!

Okay.

-J.

One thing struck me tho...

You bash windows for money and all that, but you charge about the same for linspire, which is based on linux... which is free...? and linux cant run alot of windows programs... so a home user would be stuck with loads of software they cant use!

am i wrong? :confused:

Digital-Vortex said:
One thing struck me tho...

You bash windows for money and all that, but you charge about the same for linspire, which is based on linux... which is free...? and linux cant run alot of windows programs... so a home user would be stuck with loads of software they cant use!

am i wrong? :confused:

Yes. First Linux is not always "free" in the sense that it doesn't cost anything, the free really means that you get the source code with the OS at no cost, but many distros are free, or have a free version. Now lets compare Windows XP with Linspire 4.5. Windows XP Pro Retail will cost you about $240. Linspire 4.5 Retail will cost you $45, plus with Linspire & other Linux distros, you get tons of software with them, usually most everything you need, but with Windows you get the OS, solitare and notepad. And you can run several Windows apps, but there is a UN*X equivelent to just about everything that is free as well.

I love it when people compare Linspire with XP Pro. Having run Linspire, I can guarantee that it is closer to XP Home at best, 98 at worst.

Back