Cisco Partner

aderuwe

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to buy a Cisco Aironet 1200 Wireless AP and was wondering where you guys buy Cisco products? I want to stay away from eBay and would prefer it be an authorized reseller.

Thanks, Adam

PS. I've decided on the Cisco Aironet, so please don't post if you are trying to change my mind to something else.

CDW comes to mind. PCMALL is another.

I guess you could look around your local resellers, but unless your a company, they prob won't help you much.

The Cisco 1200 is awesome. Got one running at home right now. Am planning to buy 12 more for work. Make sure to upgrade them to IOS (some are still running vxworks.)

Are you getting all the bands (a/b/g)?

I was hoping to if it isn't too cost prohibitive. They are used all around campus here and I wish I could just pull one off the wall and take it home :p

Adam

Originally posted by aderuwe
I was hoping to if it isn't too cost prohibitive. They are used all around campus here and I wish I could just pull one off the wall and take it home :p

Adam

The 1200 series are quite nice, but if you're getting one, make sure it's a 1210 or a 1230 that actually runs IOS, the other ones have a god awefull command line.

?? why did you decide on this for you WAP? it looks nice, but it cost alot, are they alot better then other WAPs? it is only 100mw but it is a 85dbm's. not tring to change your mind, but looking for another WAP and wanted to know why you grabed this one.

Thanks

DagaMore

The Cisco AP1200 is geared toward the corporate market. So they include advanced features such as multiple vlan and ssid support, QoS, ACL's, centralized management, inline power support, multipe radius servers per ssid, etc.

Granted, its not quite what an average home user wants/needs, but if you are headed in an campus environment or manage hundreds of these, the 1200 is a nice one to start with.

Plus it now runs on IOS, so if you learn the CLI, the general skillset is transferable to their switches and routers.

ok, thats cool, and i can see the advatage of the iso on the wap, i love working in the iso on our cisco routers/switches so i would like to see it on the wap's as well. Thanks.

Back