cheaper gear grips?

I don't know what you're talking about. Then again, maybe it's just me. :confused:

hmm, one thing you could do is buy some webbing (climbing/military store) and sew your own, webbing is (i think) about $.15 a foot, and you wouldnt need more than 15 feet. then use some rubber tubing as a handle.

oh yeah i forgot to metion that i alos need one for my lcd monitor and i dont feel like paying$44 for a gear grip brand, any cheap branda for lcd monitors?

Originally posted by monster.under.thebed
oh yeah i forgot to metion that i alos need one for my lcd monitor and i dont feel like paying$44 for a gear grip brand, any cheap branda for lcd monitors?
I haven't seen any, I looked around quite extensively. In my case I needed one for a Samsung 213T. I'd rather spend the $60 that a geargrip would cost on hardware rather than that, so I just kep the box & original packing material...doesn't get better than that when it comes to protecting a huge investment like a big LCD.

Originally posted by theNoid
omg.. what ever happened to the Hefty bag ??? pfft!

Don't listen to him :D. Actually, seriously, don't listen. I put a plastic bag around my pwetty vp171b and it ended up with tiny scratches:(. Through the bag too.

I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and I bought the X-Bags case and monitor carrying straps. These things blow away the ones made by Gear Grip, I have compared them side by side at a LAN that I went to. The X-Bags stuff is made of thicker and wider nylon straps that appear to have much stronger stitching. CrazyPC carries them......here is a link (scroll to the bottom of the page) http://crazypc.com/products/cases/caseaccessories.htm#caseaccessories

i got a GearGrip as a Christmas gift, it was ordered from newegg. and i like it alot, it seems really heavy duty, but i have nothing to compare it too, it has these cable straps for carrying cables, a shoulder straps, and these sidepouch things for the keyboard, mouse, and anything else fairly small and thin

I have a geargrip I won at a lan party and a dfi lanparty one that came with my new mobo, if i can get them both together I'll prob put one up for sale in the fs/ft forums

I have the geargrip for my LCD and love it, Looking at getting one of my tower eventually, I like the looks of that Xbag I may go that route or possibly the one for $20 at newegg hehe.

-Matt :cool:

Back