CD-RW Transfer in PIO Mode ?

NightWolfe

Gawd
I'm experiencing slow transfer speeds between my CD-RW and my HD .. HD is on Primary IDE channel and it's using Multi-Word DMA Mode 2 .. and my CD-RW is on Secondary IDE channel and it using PIO mode .. they are both set to DMA if available .. they are both ATA100 devices ..

any ideas please ..

I am going to assume that's an Intel chipset board. I would find the chipset drivers in Intel's site for your chipset, and load them.

here is a more in depth explanation of whats happened .. if this changes anything ..
----------------------------------
for some reason the trasfer speed between my CD-RW and my HD are incredibly slow .. and I'm not sure why ..

the HD is on the Primary IDE channel and it's trasferring in Multi-Word DMA Mode 2

the CD-RW is on the secondary IDE channel and it's transferring in PIO Mode

both devices are set to transfer in DMA Mode if avaliable .. and they are both ATA100

any ideas guys ?

this seemed to first happen when my DVD-ROM died .. the original setup was ..

HD and DVD-ROM drive on Primary IDE Channel
CD-RW and Zip Drive on Secondary IDE Channel

transfer speeds were fine then ..

after it died .. I took out the zip drive and dvd .. and put an old ATA33 HD on the secondary channel with the CD-RW ..

I thought this was slowing down the transfer rate, so I took out the ATA33 HD but it's still slow ..
------------------------------
comp specs are in the sig .. and btw .. my main HD is SCSI

Is your hard drive IDE or SCSI? Your giving conflicting info here.

Main HD is SCSI ..

everything else is IDE .. the two old HDs and the CD-RW and DVD-ROM were all SCSI ..

what I'm having problems with is a IDE HD and an IDE CD-RW which seems to be stuck in PIO Mode

EDIT: Sorry for wrong forum mods

EDIT: Problem fixed .. uninstalled and reinstalled the controllers and they reset to default

bah you beat me to it. i had that prob after i hooked up an old 10g on the same chain as my dvd drive. my dvd drive was stuck in pio, so i ended up messing with all the configs and eventually just deleting the channel it was on and let windows redetect the channel... problem was fixed.

yup .. thats basically the same thing happened to me .. an old 5gig I hokked up to the same channel as my cd-rw ..

thanks for the reply though

Back