Case LED Dimming

welcome to the forums. you might be able to make a switch that changes the voltage being supplied to them but i've got no idea if it's work or not. what voltage are they running at?

thats the same case i have, i deal with it by putting these weird pieces pf tape over em while im sleepin.

It's VERY simple

take some really fine grit sand paper like 1200grit and gently sand the front of the LED.

It will give you that snowy window effect.. and when u turn it on the LED will just kinda GLOW and not shine :)

very simple, and if i were you, i wouldn't mess with the voltage too much trouble and LED isn't like a light bulb that can be adjusted by power input

anyways hope that's helpful

:)

[Edit] I m new too!! :D

good case. if you really wanna make it neat, wire the led's so they are sound sensitive, or so that they blink in order around the case. its much cooler than just having them always on:D

hmmm. no one seems to be answering your question...

All that you would have to do is to solder a resistor inline with one of the power wires. If you took a switch (SPST) and soldered it's connectors to the same places, you could use the switch to control the brightness. I did this (using a 1K, 1/2W resistor) and it works well...

Let's see if I can do a picture:

Power <----- 0(resistor)0------> Leds
__________^( switch) ^

it doesn't matter which wire you do this to (+v or ground). What the switch does is to short across the resistor (when it's on) thus nullifing the resistance and giving you full birghtness. When it's off, the voltage has to go through the resistor and dims the brightness of the leds...

Does this make sense?

Back