Case fan removal..

DragonGX

Limp Gawd
I just bought this new case, and I'm trying to remove a case fan from the window..

I'm trying to use pliers to squeeze it together to slide it off, but that doesn't seem to be working.. any suggestions?

casefan.jpg

I would try and cut it.. It looks like its plastic.. Just use a utility knife then replace it with screws.. :D

Looks similar to the type that lian-li now uses, try to push the pin in the middle out the other side.

Originally posted by iznuts
Looks similar to the type that lian-li now uses, try to push the pin in the middle out the other side.

Yup, dont' tear it up anymore. It's just a simple little pen that pops out the other side. Just like on the feet for the computer case. I actually perfer these sometimes as opposed to screws.

as stated, dont just cut them off, just pop that center pin out, and push the four little clips on the sides in, and pull the fan (or push the clips) like case feet (the little round kinds) or the brakets to hold a stock hsf to a mobo... good luck

I agree with the above posts. Pop the pin out of the center, and then the whole thing will come right out. Keep in a sfae place, cause you might wanna use em for something in the future.

Back