Can't OC a 2.4c?!?! Assistance PLS *bow*

Anodyne

n00b
Good day post reader. I'm so confused and irritated at the current time. It may be out of ignorance that this is not going my way or it could be something difficult. I consider myself adept at using computer and I used to be a technician. I have also previously o/cd but this is my first intel proc for quite some time. Anywho, I can't find a way to change the multiplier on my jumperless mobo. Even if I didn't do that, I can't change the fsb or it won't boot. I even tried changing the voltage. Check out my system stats and tell me what you would do???

MB: Abit - IC7 MAX (Bios: V.13)
Ram: OCZ 400mhz Dual channel 1gb kit (Platinum Ed.)
Proc: Intel 2.4c
Cooling: Swiftech MCX478-V w/ 92' Vantec tornado
Sound: SB Live! 5.1
P/S: Antec 350 Watt (got in year 2001)
Hard Drives: 2x SATA 34g Raptors
CD-Roms: Pioneer 16x DVD rom & LG DVD Burner

Help please . . . .

350 watt PSU doesent sound to great... What are your rails on it? What brand?

Also P4s are locked. No multi changing unless you have an ES.

First off, don't try to change your multiplier, that's more than likely why it won't boot, just tap up your fsb slowly with voltage when instabilities occur, but I know that that chip has headroom, most hit 3 GHz+

ok, so the multiplier thing is a no go, thanks for clearing that up. But, Everytime I tamper with the FSB it kist dosen't boot. Also my ram timing on the site says 2-2-3-5 but when I change it in the bios sometimes my computer will fail POST and ask for the bios flash again until I reset the CMOS and set it to default value

I have read how overclockable this processor is, but whenever I adjust the FSB my computer won't POST.

You set a divider right? Because I'm thinking its the ram that wont go over 200... HAve you tried a different BIOS version?

I don't know what you mean by setting a devider. And the ram is supposed to be flexable on its mhz. :( As for the bios, I've only flashed to the latest one and tried all this stuff.

There should be a ram divider or something set to 1:1. You want to set it to 5:4

It's on now son. Its working, I changed it from 1:1 to 3:5 and it accepted my new fsb. I only put it up to 210 atm but after this reply I'm goin hardcore. I set the agp/fsb... thing to fixed, I read and remembered if you o/c and don't set it to fixed it has a tendancy to mess up pci and onboard stuff. Well to the extent that it won't function, such as my raid.... thanks for the quick replys and help. I'll be back

Not really sure if you wanna know this... but .

CPU:
Stock 2400.00 @ 200 mhz (dual channel)
Overclocked 3186.68 @ 265.57 mhz (dual channel)

Voltage:
CPU is at 1.71v
DDR is at 2.66v

Temps:
CPU: 39c
System: 28c

Originally posted by jamezzz122
Loookin good man...I think you can push it a bit more though...

If it's not going three-mile-island, he's not pushing it hard enough. :)

Ok, all that testing was done before I moved back to my apt in Toronto. Its a little hotter in here, the air temperature in my room is 25.9c with the windows open....

CPU: 3241.84
FSB: 270.32

Idle Temp: 45c
Active: 50~c

Vcore: 1.77
DDR: 2.75

Tell me what you think, this is perfectly stable, lower ddr and vcore I crashed in gaming tests.... tell me what you think??

Back