Can't get mushkin 222 ram to run at spec!

chinese

Limp Gawd
I'm having trouble getting my 1gig of mushkin special 222 ram to run at 2-2-2-6 on my MSI K8N Platinum mobo. I've tried 2-2-2-5 at 2.65, 2.70, 2.75, and 2.80, also 2-2-2-6 at 2.65, 2.70, 2.75, and 2.80. I tried all settings with the aggressive option enabled and disabled. The only stable settings I can get it to run at is 2-3-2-6 @ 2.75V. Nothing else has been able to last more than 6 minutes on prime95. Any ideas?

does that board have nforce chipset?

try 2-2-2-12

also, are you trying to run it oc'ed or at the proper mhz?

get memtest86 and try running it and see if it gets errors. if it does, take 1 stick out and run it and so forth.

11 was the optimal number for all nForce 2 boards. Forgot why, but that's what it is. There is no point in having 11 on nForce 3 boards, though. The minimum voltage for that ram is 2.8vdimm. You might wanna do a voltmod, though.

yea it's an nForce 3 board. I'm not overclocking it and I run it at 200mhz. I'll get 11 and 12 a try!

Go to max vdimm your board gives you (2.8?) If it doesn't run 2-2-2-6 at 2.8vdimm, you can RMA them, because they don't run at their rated voltage and speed.

so it's supposed to run at 2-2-2-6 @ 2.8v on my nForce 3 board? I just tried 2-2-2-11 and 2-2-2-12 @ 2.8v and both failed after 11 mins. I guess I'll individually test each piece like dekar12 suggested.

BH-6 also needs some burn-in to melt into shape. Run them at 3.4- 3.5 vdimm for a couple days in a row in an Intel board.

oi, talked to my friend and he said there's no point in individually testing the ram sticks cause it doesn't factor in the load two sticks put on the mobo. Blah, running outta options! I posted my problem in the MSI and Mushkin boards, if that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to RMA it. Won't be able to use my new comp for a week :(

Actually, there is a point. You will find out which stick is the one causing problems. Unless both are "bad" sticks.

Well first off, heres what happened uin my case with my Mushkin Special ram, i could not get windows to install using them, random hangs crashes, even changing the Vdimm to 2.8 didnt help, for some reason after uopdating my Bios, i installed windows and changed the ram back to the mushkin and it works fine. One thing though is that i have to manuelly enter the ram timings because for some reason my Asu A8V mobo can not configure them correctly. My friend also got a pair of Mushkin and got 1 bad stick, its completely dead had to RMA it. Maybe we sholuda just stuck to Corsair XMS i have never had a problem with them

is that on an ic7 or is7? if so set the game accelerator to all auto, or auto-normal-auto-disable-disable

Back