Can the VGA Silencer fit on the 9800Xt

ohgod

Gawd
I've been wanting to get a better cooler for my 9800XT for a while the Vga silencer has caught my eye but i've read that it wont fit on the 9800XT, is that true or are they coming out with a new revision?

Get a revision 3 vga silencer and you'll be fine. I have one on mine.

Theres cheaper ways to crush your cards core, just get a hammer and smash it and save $10.

Orbius said:
Theres cheaper ways to crush your cards core, just get a hammer and smash it and save $10.
Hm. I know tons of people using them no problem - guess you couldn't follow directions?

Psh, i didnt even use the directions.

You'd REALLY have to put some force on it to crack the core... anyone who applies that much force to their GPU is a retard anyway IMO :p

Rizen said:
Hm. I know tons of people using them no problem - guess you couldn't follow directions?

You know what they say about assuming, makes a you know what out of you.

Actually I was as much an arrogant jerk as you two guys when I bought the VGA silencer, freaking newbies just didnt do it properly. Well I installed it with much caution and it killed my card.

Unless you like playing russian roulette I wouldnt recommend the VGA silencer.

I have never heard of anyone killing their card with it other than yourself. Well, I'll just be extra careful. I've gotten away with more dangerous mods before :)

Thanks I think i'll order one. Anyone know a good place to find some good copper ramsinks?

:) ill be doing that momentarily or i'll just get a x800pro. Decision decisions.... :(

ohgod said:
:) ill be doing that momentarily or i'll just get a x800pro. Decision decisions.... :(
If you can afford it, an X800 Pro will smack down the 9800 PRO even if massively OC'd..

Back