Can I upgrade the RAM on this laptop?

like the config say you could change the non soldered 8GB stick by an 16Gb one.

It could be possible that the first 8GB of the 16Gb would have some form of dual channel with the other 8GB stick, but mixing ram enter maybe territory (will they reach a good speed, how much if dual channel will work,etc)))

If there is already soldered RAM then I doubt there are any dedicated empty sockets.

I'm guessing I could just pull out the SODIMM stick and replace it with a 16 GB stick? But not sure if that would be a compatible configuration.

There's 8gb of soldered RAM. The other 8gb is SODIMM. You can pull the SODIMM out and replace it with a 16gb giving you 24gb of total RAM. I've got a buddy who has a similar laptop config and it's easy to upgrade that lone stick of RAM. Just be sure that the upgrade SODIMM are of similar speeds to the soldered RAM to avoid problems.

There's 8gb of soldered RAM. The other 8gb is SODIMM. You can pull the SODIMM out and replace it with a 16gb giving you 24gb of total RAM. I've got a buddy who has a similar laptop config and it's easy to upgrade that lone stick of RAM. Just be sure that the upgrade SODIMM are of similar speeds to the soldered RAM to avoid problems.
Similar speeds....thanks. That's sort of what I was getting at. So it doesn't matter about the RAM capacity; e.g. 8 GB paired with 16 GB ?

Another question: Is soldered RAM actually faster than SODIMM RAM (given the same MT/s) ?

Another question: Is soldered RAM actually faster than SODIMM RAM (given the same MT/s) ?

No.

But if you put a 16 GB or 32 GB module then you lose dual channel capability and your bandwidth is cut in half.

Back