call of duty 2 with dual monitors???

eab16hatchie

Limp Gawd
how do i set it up to play this game stretched across both of my monitors? I searched but couldnt find anything.. please help :)

Yes you can do it, but has the guy said above why would you, it would pretty hard to kill someone without seeing the crosshair which will be in the middle of the 2 monitors.

but check

www.widescreengamingforums.com

they said be able to answer your question.

the gamer said:
Yes you can do it, but has the guy said above why would you, it would pretty hard to kill someone without seeing the crosshair which will be in the middle of the 2 monitors.

Yeah, you might want to think this through...

you'd have to do a good amount of tweaking...and it looks retarded... I did it in UT2004 and Q3.

well i still cant figure out how to do it...is it an option on the game or is it in my video card settings... im using a radeon 9600 pro

Now if you had 3 monitors, I'd say your golden. One left, right and straight..but two...you might as well use one for gaming and the other for chat apps.

If you cross your eyes, you can connect both screens... it might take some work, but it's well worth it in the end. :p

hity645 said:
Now if you had 3 monitors, I'd say your golden. One left, right and straight..but two...you might as well use one for gaming and the other for chat apps.

On that note, there's no way to make CoD2 run so that when I type on my second monitor it won't minimize? I heard it can't be done... anyone know if that's true? :confused:

as with all 3d games, you cannot type on other programs without it pausing/ making the game go inactive. just like alt-tab

I don't play COD2, but can't you just make the game run in a window? Say if you want the game to run at a resolution of 1600x1200, just set that as your resolution and run it windowed. I do this with CS:S and although it cuts the frames down to almost nothing you can still see what's going on when your typing on your second monitor. To switch to your chat app just use alt-tab, and then you can just click on the CS:S window to jump back in.

Back