Burnout 360 Online = wonderful!

Domingo

Fully [H]
I've had the 360 since release day and I've dabbled with a lot of the games online, but I have to say that Burnout has to be one of the most fun online experiences I've ever had. If anyone has the game but hasn't bothered to try the online mode - give it a shot. I promise you'll have a blast. Play the single player to learn the maps/shortcuts/etc. and hop online to test 'em out. The pacing, lack of lag, and constant wild trash talk bring back arcade memories!

Domingo said:
I've had the 360 since release day and I've dabbled with a lot of the games online, but I have to say that Burnout has to be one of the most fun online experiences I've ever had. If anyone has the game but hasn't bothered to try the online mode - give it a shot. I promise you'll have a blast. Play the single player to learn the maps/shortcuts/etc. and hop online to test 'em out. The pacing, lack of lag, and constant wild trash talk bring back arcade memories!

Out of curiosity, how are the graphics and how fun is the single player mode?

Graphics are good, better than Full Auto, on par with NFS:MW.
Gameplay is fun, but be aware, if you don't like the triggers for gas and brake...you're stuck with 'em. I got used to it after a few days.
In terms of single player, it's MASSIVE. Tons of races, tough challenges, and the AI isn't that bad...although it seems to use a relatively tight rubber-band system. The CPU will *never* be very far from you. At least the other drivers are aggressive an non-relenting, though.
It's worth picking up if you don't have the same game for the Xbox or PS2 for single player. Even if you do have 'em, it's worth getting for the online gameplay.
I'm telling you, I've never had a better time w/ an online game before.

Domingo said:
Graphics are good, better than Full Auto, on par with NFS:MW.
Gameplay is fun, but be aware, if you don't like the triggers for gas and brake...you're stuck with 'em. I got used to it after a few days.
In terms of single player, it's MASSIVE. Tons of races, tough challenges, and the AI isn't that bad...although it seems to use a relatively tight rubber-band system. The CPU will *never* be very far from you. At least the other drivers are aggressive an non-relenting, though.
It's worth picking up if you don't have the same game for the Xbox or PS2 for single player. Even if you do have 'em, it's worth getting for the online gameplay.
I'm telling you, I've never had a better time w/ an online game before.

Out of curiosity, are you playing on a high definition TV? I'm debating on whether to get this game this weekend(absolutely need something to hold me over till Oblivion), or wait till it goes down $10-20. I heard the 5.1 channel audio is awesome, but i'm always curious about graphics. Full Auto had good looking explosions, but the rest of the graphics didn't look too good. As for the gas and brake, I always use the triggers. With the single player being massive, does it get repetitive?

I can't wait to get Burnoout...it looks great. Hopefully a demo is released on the marketplace soon!

lesman said:
I can't wait to get Burnoout...it looks great. Hopefully a demo is released on the marketplace soon!

Yeah, I didnt really play it after BO:2

I didnt like 3 for some reason so never bothered with 4. But if this is any good i might give it a shot, if a demo comes out that would be great.

Yeah, I'm playing in HD. I just tried the game out in standard def (but still 16X9) and it still looks good. It's definitely not AS good, but still better than the other releases by far.
Single player can be a little repetetive. There are a lot of tracks, but once you get to the 5th rank, you're not seeing many new ones, at least outside of crash mode. Of note, crash mode is the only way this one suffered (at least compared to #3). There are no visible multipliers anymore. Sometimes it seems like the ones with the most carnage cause the least amount of $$$ damage, too. Often I've found my best scores look like complete f-up's on replay.

That's what i'm afraid of, as I don't like it when things get too repetitive in single player. I guess I won't worry about it till the price drops then, especially since I still havn't beaten single player Ridge Racer 6 yet(it's LONG!). I just need to keep myself busy since i'm so anxious waiting for Oblivion.

I picked it up a few days ago, haven't really gotten into it. Coming from BO3:Takedown, I must say that I'm massively disappointed with the whole traffic checking thing. It's completely retarded. You can just ram through traffic with no worries and you only get slowed down like 2 mph... it destroys alot of the fun and skill that was in takedown. Other than that it seems great, but that one change has really got me bummed. :(

does the game use the headset? so far i have 3 360 games, and none seem to use the headset for chat. also is there a list for games that does use it?

damn i need an hdtv. sometimes i just feel like sayin fuck it and go out to bestbuy, but its best to save.

ne0-reloaded said:
does the game use the headset? so far i have 3 360 games, and none seem to use the headset for chat. also is there a list for games that does use it?

damn i need an hdtv. sometimes i just feel like sayin fuck it and go out to bestbuy, but its best to save.

What games dont support the headset? Ive yet to play one that didnt.

ne0-reloaded said:

I don't think i've run into a game yet that doesn't support the headset. As for the HDTV, there are some really good deals if you are willing to compromise and get a CRT based one, or go with a none name brand model. BestBuy is also always running insane no interest financing offers which you can also take advantage of. Once I made the switch to HDTV, I honestly can't game on a regular TV anymore.

ill never shop from bestbuy again. i went to buy a 37" lcd from there last week, and they called the cops on me. total bullshit!

anyways, i tried using it with doa4 and cod2 but i couldnt hear anyone on the other end.

i havent tried graw yet though.

ne0-reloaded said:
ill never shop from bestbuy again. i went to buy a 37" lcd from there last week, and they called the cops on me. total bullshit!

anyways, i tried using it with doa4 and cod2 but i couldnt hear anyone on the other end.

i havent tried graw yet though.

Did you turn the volume up? Its not terribly complicated, you just flip the switch and talk. Also, what the hell did you do to get the police called to best buy? I cant imagine thats good for business- you must have been really instigating haha.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
Did you turn the volume up? Its not terribly complicated, you just flip the switch and talk. Also, what the hell did you do to get the police called to best buy? I cant imagine thats good for business- you must have been really instigating haha.

i honestly think the manager was racist there. i had all my identification, my credit card, work id with my picture, insurance card everything. they had no reason to take my personal belongings, call the cops, or have me questioned like that. right now my gf is working on building a case for me (shes a lawyer). she was more upset than i was about it. the cops came asked me a few questions, then said i could go. at least one of the officers were nice about it. they said they could understand why i was frustrated. when the cops came, i thought it was store security to walk me to my car since the store had already closed by then. i dont know if it was because i was wearing sweatpants, a old hat, and a t-shirt that they assumed i couldnt afford a 1700 tv, but ill never shop at best buy again.

with the headset thing, ill try again, but i had the volume up and everything. my headset might be broken though. i lost it a while book and found it under a pile of books (tells u how much i use the thing)

ne0-reloaded said:
i honestly think the manager was racist there. i had all my identification, my credit card, work id with my picture, insurance card everything. they had no reason to take my personal belongings, call the cops, or have me questioned like that. right now my gf is working on building a case for me (shes a lawyer). she was more upset than i was about it. the cops came asked me a few questions, then said i could go. at least one of the officers were nice about it. they said they could understand why i was frustrated. when the cops came, i thought it was store security to walk me to my car since the store had already closed by then. i dont know if it was because i was wearing sweatpants, a old hat, and a t-shirt that they assumed i couldnt afford a 1700 tv, but ill never shop at best buy again.

with the headset thing, ill try again, but i had the volume up and everything. my headset might be broken though. i lost it a while book and found it under a pile of books (tells u how much i use the thing)

Dude, sucks about the best buy thing.

As for the headset. WHen you are in game try bringing up the "guide" and go to "personal settings" it may be muted or something in there.

Back