Build new PC or wait

build now if ur rich and like to waste money or if you like to disagree with cloud15x (hes stoopid). wait if u demand on gettin all the new fancy stuff thats comin out over the next year.

Don't know about waiting till the end of the year that is an awful time but I would at the very least wait until the prescott P4's come out and you see some reviews.

shut up james i needed my new pc unlike you who throws all his money away for pointless stuff

THe only thing i congrats you on james is your damn 2100+

that thing o/cs like hella

Originally posted by jamestime88
build now if ur rich and like to waste money or if you like to disagree with cloud15x (hes stoopid). wait if u demand on gettin all the new fancy stuff thats comin out over the next year.

My biggest concern is the case; a case should last through several upgardes. Based on the link any case I buy now will be of little value in the future.

well they are switching over to BTX standard motherboards over the next year. so your case isnt all that important, itd be better to buy a good one when BTX is adopted. im not sure how will, or if at all, they could fit into an ATX case

Dood

BTX will take several years to roll over

Yes late Q3/Q4 '04 we will see BTX cases on the market, but thats a long way away.

We wont see BTX fully taken over till 06 or 07 when the market is controlled by BTX

Remeber over 70% of the market(i unno exact percentage) are controlled by pre made, store boughten computers. So they basically own the market.

so when the roll over to BTX cases and ddr2 and all that nifty stuff, we will see many more BTX cases made and evolved. We will also see advancements in DDR2 once the market is all onto it.,

i just upgraded this x-mas. and after reading that article i probally wont upgrade anything but but my videocard until 2005-2007. ;x

just imagining the fast computers coming out this year, imagining the computers in 2-3 years is going to be amazing.

yea cloud15x has got a good point (as always ;-)), why would OEM computer manufacturers spend more money to give you a better product when they could just as easily spend LESS money, give you a WORSE product, and the average consumer would be none the wiser that what they are recieving is old technology. the average computer user (actually over 99% of computer users) dont know shit about computers, they just know the more money they dish out the faster it will run solitaire.

I cant wait till compaq is like

and for an extra 400 bux you can have the new btx case

Back