Brand new SB75G2 + LCD gaming station

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
New rig:

shuttlestation.jpg

shuttleinside.jpg

shuttleparts.jpg

Originally posted by FX25
LCD's blow for gaming glad your happy tho.

yeah, sure they do. :rolleyes:

you obviously have never seen a quality LCD or else you wouldnt have that attitude...

Dillusion

congrats on your purchase. the SB75G2 is one of the best Shuttles ever made. now all you have to do is to cut out the back exhaust grill so your ICE can work much more efficiently.

also, you can do one more than that and that is to mount a quieter fan like an 80mm Vantec Stealth on the back like I did with double sided tape so the tape will absorb any/all vibrations of the fan.

here's what mine looks like:

shuttle5.jpg

-my system runs like 6C cooler than it did before with the stock Sunon fan and its also much quieter as well.

should have got a black dvd r/rw, nice system by the way, wish i had money like that:D

yeah im gonna ghost the dvdrw soon ... i know, the lcd is a 20ms response time and is 460:1 ratio. its a great monitor, an NEC Mitsubishi 18"....got it for 380$, cant beat that! :)

congrats on the shuttle!

i really want one, but it can only hold two hdds, and i need three for vid. editing:(

and that my friends is what is wrong with the world...people too ignorant to try something, but bash it none-the-less, without witnessing first hand wether or not their opinions are true....

I've got an 1800 FP,...and I use it for gaming. And let me be the first to tell you, that you are completely wrong. My monitor doesn't have any artifacting, and in fact, games look better on it than they ever did on my crt...I don't care what kind of CRT you have, it won't look as good as the DVI signal input into an LCD, with a good response time

Originally posted by ozziegn

-my system runs like 6C cooler than it did before with the stock Sunon fan and its also much quieter as well.

Hey, how's the SilentX PSU? Silent? I'm considering buying one...:rolleyes:

hey man thats awesome congrats, and ignore that idiot that says lcds arent good for gaming...if i could afford one i'd go for it. I want a shuttle so bad :(

Originally posted by skawttieboy
Hey, how's the SilentX PSU? Silent?

ummm, no. it isnt silent but its alot better than the POS 220W P/S that was in my 20th Anniversary Shuttle. good God, those fans in that P/S drove me insane..... I am so happy I returned that enitre system and ordered my SB75G2 that already came with the Silent X.

I prefer CRT monitor for gaming. I think alot of people just cant stand the blurring and ghosting that happens on most LCDs. Dont get me wrong, there are some LCD out there that are better, but for gaming it just doesnt look as nice as a CRT.

Nice setup Dill....even though you are a dork =)

dude that is the worst setup i have ever seen...

LOSER (yes, yes i am)

jk

perrty actually, like the lcd.

Nice man, The more i see of nice shuttles like that the more i want one.

BTW All I use for gaming is an lcd and its the best monitor ive ever had:rolleyes:

The price of a quality lcd with a 16ms responce time is outrageous compared to getting a quality crt. I guess if you don't have enough room, you like to waste money, or you just like the style then the lcd was a good way to go. For a gaming machine, an lcd is just dumb.:rolleyes:

I wouldnt go as far as saying gaming sucks on an LCD, but i myself would never buy an LCD for gaming. I prefer a decent CRT over even the best LCD's.

BUT....that doesnt mean i wouldnt kill for a Grandcanyon Display from the L Store.

Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
you like to waste money

yeah, yeah, thats it. I love wasting money. I have sooo much of it to waste so thats why I bought a 20" LCD. :rolleyes:

For a gaming machine, an lcd is just dumb.:rolleyes:

and yet ANOTHER perfect example of someone talking smack out of their butt.

ahhh what the hell, what am I talking about. you've probably never even seen a quality LCD in your life hence your wonderfull outlook on LCDs.

again, I'll give ya the " :rolleyes: ".

yeah means the same..

and FYI: this mitsubishi lcd is a 25ms response time, and i like it better than my 19" NEC flat crt ... its all about preference

Originally posted by Dillusion
yeah means the same..

and FYI: this mitsubishi lcd is a 25ms response time, and i like it better than my 19" NEC flat crt ... its all about preference

Different strokes for different folks.

I have yet to see a LCD that hasnt blurred .....but then again I havent seen all that many. I will have to check it out at the next lan dill

BTW, lanmaster lan should be the beginning of March.....you coming right?

I have a 19 in Samsung LCD. I love it. Although it does blur slightly in some games, I have gotten used to it, and it really isnt bad at all. What I love the most is the brightness, and clarity. This thing has stunning picture quality, and definitely seksier than my old crt (granted it was a 17 in). For surfing the web and other stuff like that get a big LCD you wont be disappointed.

Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
The price of a quality lcd with a 16ms responce time is outrageous compared to getting a quality crt. I guess if you don't have enough room, you like to waste money, or you just like the style then the lcd was a good way to go. For a gaming machine, an lcd is just dumb.:rolleyes:

My 16ms 17" NEC 1760V was only RM1480 which is approx. US$390. Absolutely no ghosting whatsoever in games or movies.

:rolleyes:

what's with all the crying? are you guys just trying to justify all the money you wasted on LCDs? the only good use for LCDs is saving space. stop kidding yourselves. if you're happy, then fine.

Yea i looked at a bunch fo LCD's today....at Compusa...I was able to play alittle UT2k3 and I couldnt find 1 without blurring, some had more ghosting then others, but they all had their downs.

I do have to admit though, it does look kewl having a LCD on your desk, but doesnt even compare to a CRT for gaming.

:Drool:

homer-drool.gif

I want that shuttle SOOOO bad! I am gonna work 8 hours a day this summer at an amusement park just to pay for it.

I've always worried about ghosting on LCD's for gaming, but my friend got an LCD, nothing top of the line, its a MAG brand, 17'' LCD and its not bad at all for gaming. I can understand how the slightest amount of ghosting can annoy too much of an anal hardcore gamer, but the trick is, is to not look for ghosting, ie, try to ignore the fact that it even exists. Well of course you need a decent LCD to do this with, but after looking at an LCD thats like average, I can't imagine using a 19'' Samsung type, whatever the hot model is right now.

Of course some of you may have different opinions on how much of a blur counts as "major ghosting", but fuck, ignorance is bliss, so fucking be happy.

I run a 23" Sony LCD and typically play most of my games at 1920 x 1200 and have never experienced any ghosting! A CRT couldn't even come close to the clarity and brightness of a good digital LCD.

Corrugated

at work we have LCD's and CRT's set up next to eachother, all playing the same movie (kindergarten cop :p) ... and the clarity is much better on the LCD's than the shitfuck CRT's , granted that the CRT's are made by KDS and starlogic, and the LCD's are NEC and some gay brand like Proview. Still, the LCD's are sleeker and clearer than the CRT's (depsite their 30-22ms response time on the lower end models)

Guys, all LCD ghost and blur, its a fact....if you got use to it and dont notice it fine, but it still does. Sit in front of a CRT and play a few hours of your favorite FPS game, then go back and play on your LCD, you will see ghosting and blurring.

Yes in LCD are brighter screens, sometimes cleaner then CRT, but again it doesnt make a difference. How bright do you need? The only benifits of having a LCD is size and power...also the kewlness factor cause it looks kewl.

Like i said, LCD have their ups and their downs...but for gaming it doesnt beat a CRT. To my eyes at least...like i said you get use to the ghosting and blurring, you mind will block it out, doesnt mean it doesnt do it at all. Even 16ms LCD still ghost.

Dont get me wrong, its nice to have if you can stand it. I will probaly get a LCD somewhere down the road, but right now for the money its just not worth it. Maybe in the furture they will be better, but for now they cannot beat a CRT for gaming.

Read this, it was on the front page of Hardocp a few days ago...

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2004q1/lcds/index.x?pg=1

Here is just alittle clip from the first page...

Pixel response time - LCDs change their display images by altering the molecular structure of liquid crystals—a process that's far from instantaneous. Because panels rely on these lethargic molecular changes, LCD pixels respond much slower than CRT monitors. Pokey pixel response times can produce ghost-like afterimages that blur or streak fast-moving objects as they travel across the screen.

Originally posted by FX25
LCD's blow for gaming glad your happy tho.

Only if your gaming rig is a CELL PHONE! I am a CRT man, but LCD's are just as good.

Ghosting and blurring occur mainly in text, not really in games. XP has the ability in the display options to enable clear type fonts, which really does reduce eye strain after a few days. It is very slight, but some notice it, some don't.

Back