Bone Lab

sharknice

2[H]4U
Bone Lab just came out a couple days ago, it's awesome. It's a physics based puzzle/action game. It feels a lot like playing Half-Life. It's for both PC VR and Quest 2 standalone.

Anyone else playing? This is my new favorite VR game

Looks fun, definitely interested. Not sure how well I could run it though. And Tracking on my G2 may hose me lol.

Looks fun, definitely interested. Not sure how well I could run it though. And Tracking on my G2 may hose me lol.

It gets 90 FPS on Quest 2 which is basically phone hardware, if you have a half-decent PC it should be able to run it pretty well.

I'm really enjoying how much freedom this game gives you. Nearly everything in the game has physics so you can solve the puzzles in a ton of different ways.
Also the puzzles can be kind of hard because they don't give you any quest markers or mindless handholding type stuff, you actually have to pay attention to the clues and figure things out yourself. It feels so much better figuring puzzles out yourself and not being spoonfed. I'm loving it.

It gets 90 FPS on Quest 2 which is basically phone hardware, if you have a half-decent PC it should be able to run it pretty well.

I'm really enjoying how much freedom this game gives you. Nearly everything in the game has physics so you can solve the puzzles in a ton of different ways.
Also the puzzles can be kind of hard because they don't give you any quest markers or mindless handholding type stuff, you actually have to pay attention to the clues and figure things out yourself. It feels so much better figuring puzzles out yourself and not being spoonfed. I'm loving it.
Thats good, I have a decent PC but hand tracking is a bit of an issue but definitely on my wish list!

the story is like Halflife, or just the puzzles and physics are similar?

the story is like Halflife, or just the puzzles and physics are similar?

It has puzzles and physics like Half-Life, but way more extreme.
Half-Life was mostly normal FPS stuff with puzzles and physics sprinked in. Bone lab is more like physics and puzzles with normal FPS stuff sprinked in.
Bone Lab is entirely focused on it's physics engine and nearly all the gameplay, puzzles, weapons and combat is based on that.

The Bone Lab story is pretty hard to follow but really cool IMO, it's like one of those complicated sci-fi movies.
You can enjoy the game without paying attention to it, but there are all sorts of clues to the story all over the place. Graffiti on the wall, picking up notes and reading them, etc.

Is it going to make me severely nauseous like Boneworks did, or did they tone it down a bit?

Is it going to make me severely nauseous like Boneworks did, or did they tone it down a bit?
It's hardcore af and will probably make you nauseous.

The game starts out with you putting a noose around your neck, cutting the rope, and falling down a pit.

They give zero Fs about your mental or physical health.

If you don't have VR legs you aren't ready for this game, or you'll have to keep sessions short or something to deal with it. There is a lot of jumping and free falling, climbing, swinging on ropes, etc.

It's hardcore af and will probably make you nauseous.

The game starts out with you putting a noose around your neck, cutting the rope, and falling down a pit.

They give zero Fs about your mental or physical health.

If you don't have VR legs you aren't ready for this game, or you'll have to keep sessions short or something to deal with it. There is a lot of jumping and free falling, climbing, swinging on ropes, etc.

Thanks, I figured but wanted to make sure. I can handle most VR games but Boneworks was the one and only one I had to refund because it made me so nauseous.

Back