Blasted FC2 installed GRUB. How to switch to LILO?

lopoetve said:
Nope. I don't believe in getting over it, I believe in FIXING it. It doesn't hold water for Cars, Buildings, or boats, why let shoddy engineering stand on software? If it has it, take them out of business and make sure that everyone who worked on it never sees the light of employment again.
Note that everything you listed are commercial products. Fedora Core 2 isn't. They want you to buy RHEL, which probably has nice QA. I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.

[H]EMI_426 said:
Note that everything you listed are commercial products. Fedora Core 2 isn't. They want you to buy RHEL, which probably has nice QA. I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.

Just because you're not commercial doesn't mean you can't take what you're doing seriously... :p

I get your point, and I 100% disagree. In no aspect of software engineering, either for commercial OR GPL use, should you ever be shoddy. Period. If you can't do it right for yourself, why would you be able to do it right for anyone else (IE: Career?)

lopoetve said:
I don't disagree with you there. However, it's just not that way. That's what I'm trying to say. You're saying "should" and I'm saying "is." Notice the difference?

[H]EMI_426 said:
I don't disagree with you there. However, it's just not that way. That's what I'm trying to say. You're saying "should" and I'm saying "is." Notice the difference?

1. I'm an idealist.

2. If I saw serious effort toward at least TRYING to do it right, I wouldn't mind.

I don't.

Back