Bit torrent rape

beachbum

Limp Gawd
Well at the moment I have 2 computers hooked up to my network right now,
The first computer is the "downloading" computer that pretty much is running bit torrent 24/7 downloading pirated movies (and riaa tracking software just kidding) and well my other computer barely gets anything I mean im getting like 100kb/s (on a 3mb/s connection) or less while torrent is running on the other computer, so I have nothing, nothing at all I can't do SH**! Plus to make this worse the people downloading the crud on the other computer aren't letting me pause the downloads or anything so im screwed.

Now would there be any way to keep me from getting a slower connection other than turning into an internet nazi and blocking the ports?:D

Either use a firewall that has bandwidth throttling or use a throttling application on the naughty computer. Personally I'd suggest not using BT at all since it's a bunch of BS, but that's just my experience. You may even be able to find a throttling BT client if you look around some. Just be sure not to let it consume more than 50% of your upstream, otherwise you'll still be choked.

get bt.degreez.com or net
or just put bt.degreez in google. Its the best bt program. It has throttling and everything.

Originally posted by Impu|se
get bt.degreez.com or net
or just put bt.degreez in google. Its the best bt program. It has throttling and everything.
Okay thanks, i'll try that.

How much are you uploading?
I've seen the same issue when BT is U/L'ing near my cap. The other legitimate packets that need to get out, ie: DNS, ACK's, etc. Are not getting to the destination in a timely manor

Back