Big 110v pump... something in the 300 gph range... how loud ?

RedShred

2[H]4U
I'm very VERY new to water cooling. I have read a crap load about it but have never done ish with it.

Just bought into the Barton scene and want to run Water. As my office is next to the living room, a full blown turbine cooler will not work. Actually... I run all my fans at 7v to keep them quiet... the whole garden.

My plan:

To use a high flowing pump and use an Air Conditioning condensor from an older Ford. It has 1/2 in tubes and is 19"x14" and is like 1.5 inch thick... I'm thinking that with it that big, I can just let it radiate and be enough. BUT If it gets too hot, I can spray it with ALC/water, or blow a small 120v fan into it.

How loud are the pumps that would be big enough to push such a system ? Who knows... with that big of a "Radiator" I could cool two PC's with it.

What kind of design does your rad have? Is it one long continuous tube or does it branch into parallel tubes? The continuous version will have higher flow resistance and require a beefier pump.

If it uses parallel tubes, the popular MCP600 from Swiftech will be sufficient (I use one with the radiator from a Geo Metro).

Back