BF2 VOIP Problems

jnick

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I've been having a TON of trouble with the VoIP in BF2. Unlike others, my Mic WORKS, but people claim they can BARELY hear me, or I need to turn my sh!t up, lol. However, in ventrilo, my volume levels are fine, with or without the Mic Boost.

The BF2Voipsetup.exe does pic up my voice, but it is insanely low. All my volume levels are maxed in the control panel and BF2. Mic boost is on, and the Threshold is properly set.

Now I AM using a desktop mic, but it's not more than 12 inches away from me, right near my monitor. Granted normally this would be rather far, however like I said, in ventrilo it's fine. I mean, if I put the mic up to my mouth, it sounds great in bf2, anywhere else and it's LOW.

I have a few main questions:

First, do you guys have any suggestions on a "fix"?

Second, for those with an audigy 2 zs, and the mic working fine - what drivers are you using?

Lastly, is there any desktop mic which is supposedly "superior" to others as far as volume/quality levels? I really dont want a headset as I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones already. I just need a good mic. How do USB mics compare against standard mics? Better/worse? Mainly talking about the $30 logitech USB mic. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836111601)

Any help is appreciated.

btw, this is the mic I'm using now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836111601

I've got the SAME problem, friend. But different...

I have an Audigy 2 ZS but I'm using a headset with a boom mic. My VOIP sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but in every other app the mic is golden.

Welcome to BF2.

WYLM, there's a known issue where BF2 MUTES your Microphone. When it's not working, try ALT-Tabbing out of the game, go into the control panel and check to see if the mic is muted.

When I say it mutes the mic, I'm refering to the mute check box under recording volume, not playback.

Good Luck!

No problemo :)

Btw, it's possible that it may mute everytime the map changes :(. So if you get it working, the map changes and it doesn't work after that, check for it being muted again . . .

The best part is 1.3 appears to be the last "big" patch for a LONG time, and they're not even addressing these issues. Instead they're adding more features which will probably bring more bugs . . . :sigh: EA has such a great game on their hands . . . why can't they just work hard for a few months and iron out the major bugs! UGH!

Back