BF2: SF unlocks

eurin

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm thinking about getting the expansion just for the unlocks (since my friends don't play it). Do you get more unlocks than normal, or do I still have to choose each rank's new unlock between vanilla and SF?

If I do get it, which unlocks are great? I'm really up for playing any class.

I don't have the game yet, but from what I've heard you get 2 unlocks that you can use in BF2, and one you should consider is the sniper rifle L something.

YEh i have SF, and i think i got 2 extra unlocks...

Yeh Scar-L is a good gun and also F2000

I have SF & got 2 unlocks :) All unlocks are available in vanilla BF2.

The Support MG36 shoots fast, but the PKM is more accurate & much more powerful.

The Eng. MP-7 fires extremely fast, but is also extremely weak.

The Medic G36-E is the best unlock in SF. Fires in three round bursts or single shot, and is quite accurate. Very deadly in the right hands.

The Special Forces SCAR-L is worth the unlock if you play the class a lot. I don't.

The Assault F2000 is great due to it's accuracy & grenade launcher. You also get flashbangs IIRC.

http://bf2s.com/player/saturnine/

I wouldnt buy SF for the guns, since they arent really better than the original unlocks.

I would however buy it for the new maps. Warlord is in my opinion better than Karkand, Iron Gator plays very differently than the other maps, Ghost Town is also excellent.

saturnine2 said:
I have SF & got 2 unlocks :) All unlocks are available in vanilla BF2.

The Support MG36 shoots fast, but the PKM is more accurate & much more powerful.

The Eng. MP-7 fires extremely fast, but is also extremely weak.

The Medic G36-E is the best unlock in SF. Fires in three round bursts or single shot, and is quite accurate. Very deadly in the right hands.

The Special Forces SCAR-L is worth the unlock if you play the class a lot. I don't.

The Assault F2000 is great due to it's accuracy & grenade launcher. You also get flashbangs IIRC.

http://bf2s.com/player/saturnine/

Mp-7 is weak?

That gun is a monster, although i havent used it since th last patch
I wish it could take like 45 bullets/mag
20 is too little

I used it a few times and it seemed quite weak to me. This was before any of the recent patches though, maybe it was changed a bit?

GJohn said:
Mp-7 is weak?

That gun is a monster, although i havent used it since th last patch
I wish it could take like 45 bullets/mag
20 is too little

If the MP7 is a monster... then so are your pistols. Same damage. But the AT kit primary weapon also has the same damage as the MP7 but with more accuracy on the PP19.

EDIT: The PP19 isn't more accurate but it zooms farther than the MP7.

What I found is Special Forces is better because of the maps. For example, I didn't go back an play any regular BF2 since getting it. Rarely. There's a couple SAS maps that rock for frenetic infantry battles with no airpower to really worry about.

So when I play SF as British, I get access to those guns (which are unlocks for BF2, but stock in SF) anyway. I've found I actually use a few BF2 unlocks in Special Forces. For example, the DAO-12, or the Jackhammer. If you are playing as any side other than British SAS in SF, then your regular BF2 unlocks is what you'll get to pick from.

Back