BF2 1.21 Patch Tomorrow (leaked now)

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19685&sid=ebd2421ca1515313450cfee300caf8e4

And I quote, "The patch is legitimate, however it is not scheduled for release until tomorrow, so there's a high probability you won't find many/any servers to play on until then."

Apparently someone leaked the patch and this was EA's response today.

Joy! (I really hope this fixes some things) Did I just type that or was that deja vu...

Here's a post with several download mirrors: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19687

Here's the 1.21 release notes:

BUG FIXES
- Fixed the Hmmwv with TOW crash on Battlefield 2: Special Forces maps
- Fixed the Battle Recorder crash
- Fixed the screen capture
- Fixed the issue with Pixel Shader 1.4 video cards
- Fixed the issue that caused heat seeking missiles to stick to oil towers
- Fixed the issue that caused heat seaking missiles to ziz-zag
- Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2
- Fixed the Server Browser filter to enable search by map name
- Fixed the error in Client - Server communication causing sound, animation and other
sync issues.

UPDATE: Apparently the last fix listed may fix the AT rocket bug and AA issues according to EA posted later in that same thread. We shall see!

WhyYouLoveMe said:
- Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2

That was a bug? DAMN! I actually kinda like dropping claymores all over the freaking place... I mean you need resupply so it isn't like you can do it all the time.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Sadly there is no mention of fixing the AT rocket bug or the red/blue name bug or other misc. bugs. They "say" they're working on the next full patch. *sigh*

Whats the AT rocket bug?

J-Mag said:
Whats the AT rocket bug?

Sometimes the AT rocket would pass through the vehicle (not just a jeep, but APCs and tanks) and sometimes you would fire two AT rockets at the same time (but with only the results of one rocket).

Update: EA said later in that thread that the "sync" issues should fix the AT and AA goofiness. *crosses fingers*

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Sometimes the AT rocket would pass through the vehicle (not just a jeep, but APCs and tanks) and sometimes you would fire two AT rockets at the same time (but with only the results of one rocket).

Update: EA said later in that thread that the "sync" issues should fix the AT and AA goofiness. *crosses fingers*

Oh yeah I have seen this happen (it is nice when you are in the vehicle though).

What pisses me off is when I HIT a jeep 3 times with the primary 120mm gun of an MBT and it shows the explosion for each hit , yet the vehicle keeps on driving...

Thank God, I got so sick of the missles locking onto a fucking flame tower when an enemy jet flew past it.

Hmm.. I patched prematurely. All my fave servers are still 1.20.
(Odd, when I checked and still had 1.20, they didn't show up).
Servers will prob update by tomorrow.

ah the AT will be nice if it's fixed as they say...
Also I hear that some poeple record massive FPS drops, I don't want to start a panic just curious if someone from here also notice such obsorvations?

bazylik said:
ah the AT will be nice if it's fixed as they say...
Also I hear that some poeple record massive FPS drops, I don't want to start a panic just curious if someone from here also notice such obsorvations?

I patched my game last night, played for about 2 hours and observed:

- Flares don't seem to work AT ALL. Perplexing...
- I used the AT kit quite a bit and never saw the rocket bug. Joy!
- I had some lag on all four different servers I played on (my pings were less than 100 on all 4). One admin mentioned he hadn't rebooted the machine since patching. Hopefully that stuff will clear up in the next few days.
- In game browser works the best it ever has but it's STILL slow. (how hard can it be to fix the browser? sheesh...)
- Framerate/Graphics seem the same as 1.20. I didn't notice anything different.

So maybe it's the lag and people think it's a frame drop, I will install the patch tonight and see for myself, but I must admit I am a bit worried.

I think it's the servers' fault for the lag that I had. The frame rate and graphics were fine. *I hope* :eek:

Filefront gives me 600+, and last I checked fileshack required a login...which was a pain.

1/5 servers I tried to play in are already patched to this new one.

Simple goto filefront''s site and oh my gosh...its on the front page! Click a couple download links and wow! its downloading with no need to login! *Magics*

downloaded the latest patch and installed it and the game still doesn't work, what did I do wrong? All of the servers are showing up red?

All I did was download and install the patch.

just got the game and d/l the newest patch,installed it.

yet the game is saying i have 1.12

Hulk said:
downloaded the latest patch and installed it and the game still doesn't work, what did I do wrong? All of the servers are showing up red?

All I did was download and install the patch.
Someone said that EA isn't allowing servers to update yet. The patch is supposed to be released tomorrow.

what did I do wrong?

All the servers under favorites are now RED. Ever since I installed the path I can't play on any servers - what gives?

"You have an older version than the server" is the message I get.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I patched my game last night, played for about 2 hours and observed:

- Flares don't seem to work AT ALL. Perplexing...

Played all day, spent most of it in a copter or shooting down copters. The flares work, but they seem to work different. If they guy was aimed at you, you flare---but do nothing else like turn left/right make a serious elevation change, there is still a decent chance the stingers can hit you.

Before, without lock, they'd never hit anything besides your own team, lol.

I found something interesting, while I was up close to apc's and tanks, when I fired AT missile it would look like they passed through...and take longer to reload. Almost as if it was trying to discern if I hit the vehicle or not.

Once you have installed the patch, how do you know if it has actually worked? ie that that patch has been applied. I just got BF2 yesterday so I am still learning. Where is the version number shown and what should it be once the 1.21 patch hsa been installed?

OT:

For the first 30mins of playing i was like "WTF, waste of money". But after playing it a while longer I am seeing why the game has such a following.

Back