BEst Overall Soundcard?

Kido1986

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had an Audigy for 2 years now, and have fought it the whole time.

It is really hating my ATI Capture Card too. It mutes Line In everytime I launch ATI TV viewer, so I have to launch the sound config and unmute it.

I am now pretty much convinced I am gonna buy a new sound card. I do a lot of gaming, MP3 playing, and TV capturing. What would be the best sound card for me, and unless you can give me a REALLY good reason, I don't plan on purchasing another Creative, although I love their software.

What do you guys suggest?

BTW, I use Logitech Z640s and Zalman 5.1 Headphones, so something with a front box w/ all 3 cable hook up's in the front for my headphones would be a plus (one front headphone port is useless to me).

I am looking into the Hercules Digifire 7.1 or and M-Audio Revolution 7.1

Thanks in advance guys!

The Audigy series from Creative has greatly improved from the Audigy 1. The 2ZS and even the LS have been greatly improved in terms of driver stability and sound quality. I'd still give those a chance before completely throwing away Creative.

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U
M-Audio Revolution 7.1
No, the Revo would do him no good. First, his output devices are low-fi (Z640 and Zalman "5.1" headphone), The Revo would only expose the crappiness of those devices even more. Secondly, his sources (game, mp3, TV capturing) are not high quality sources as well. As such, Revo would be useless. So, if he wants to avoid Creative, yet desires front jacks, I suggest the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and Front-X combo.

Back