Best mem to accompany my Prometeia?

Asazman

Supreme [H]ardness
Right now I'm waiting for my new power supply (Antec True550), so right now I do not have my Barton 2800+ overclocked. Although, I am in the market for some new memory. Right now I have 2x 512MB PC3200 Mushkin Enhanced (timings = 5-2-2-2.0). I'm afraid this is holding me back...what mem do you guys suggest I get? I'm thinking either Corsair or OCZ...thanks!

Is it level 1 or 2? If its older 1 or any 2 you have BH5 and you got the best you can buy pretty much unless you have a newer NF7...

Originally posted by z3r0-
Is it level 1 or 2? If its older 1 or any 2 you have BH5 and you got the best you can buy pretty much unless you have a newer NF7...

Not sure, I don't remember. I have the revision 2.0 400MHz supported NF7-s. I'm thinking of Corsair XMS Pro PC4000, what do you guys think?

Nope the timings suck on that. If you have gotten your NF7 within the last month it probley likes CH5. If its older it likes BH5. Eitherway you want PC3200 or PC3500 and VDIMM mod.

Nope the timings suck on that. If you have gotten your NF7 within the last month it probley likes CH5. If its older it likes BH5. Eitherway you want PC3200 or PC3500 and VDIMM mod.

If you can link me to some stuff that would go well with my system let me know...i'm not sure which one it is, because I got it about a month ago.

I'm trying to sell my current stuff, probably could catch around $275 for it I suppose, but how much would I have to pay for some new stuff?

Links next time would be great!

why do people want to blow copious amounts of dollars on ram and timings that they will never use to the full potential -_- never understood it - hell, im a product designer and even i cant justify that kind of thing, with heavy CAD work etc...

just my 2c i suppose - nice overclock btw ;)

Hum if you got it a month ago I'd get some KHX PC3500 and hope for the best :p Could you VDIMM mod or no?

Hum if you got it a month ago I'd get some KHX PC3500 and hope for the best :p Could you VDIMM mod or no?

I don't know why I would want to do a VDIMM mod, the voltages on my mobo allow the mem to reach 2.9v. Plus, it would void the warrenty, correct? I don't think I want to do that.....

What can I benafit from the VDIMM mod?

What do you get from a VDIMM mod? VDIMM of course. More voltage=clocks higher unless the ram just wont go any further. Warrenty is void when you OC anyway. 3.3 VDIMM can get you ALOT further than a minisucule 2.9...

that ram you have right now is good ram... you wont acheive much better than you have now with any other ram, and more than likely it can be worse because of Mushkins aggressive timings...

i say go for the vdimm mod and some extra cooling on your NB, if you havent already done so... hope that helps...
:)

NB cooling wont do much. Just lap the stock one and use some AS5...

pc3500LL is probably what you want. if you get good sticks you should be fine running it at just about any fsb your chip will do. good luck and post some pics if you can.

On a rev 2 board? I went from stock air to -19C water and was still stuck at 215 :|

Back